Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my 48

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my 48
    Posted: 06 Oct. 2017 at 8:31pm
alots of progress since this picture, only one i got uploaded...planning for some early style mods, buick v6, saginaw...ect 

Edited by BryanB - 06 Oct. 2017 at 8:34pm
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 3:26am
Well, that's a start.  How much of it is put together now?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 3:40am
Give the guy a break. At least he is starting the project with a Bud Light on the hood. I couldn't count the number of beers I drank over several Jeep repairs during the years.
uncamonkey
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 3:46am
Well, he said he's made a lot of progress, didn't he?  Approve 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 4:00am
Over the years I would be out working on a vehicle and my brother and neighbor would wander over with beers to "Help". I just put the tools away because I knew what sort of help I would get from them. "Why did you put your tools away"?
Just shut up and we can drink some beer.
uncamonkey
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 4:33am
He's got the patina thing down pat.    Just think what he'll have done after the second beer.  

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 10:39am
Haha I bought it from a gentleman who bought it from a guy who tore it down and had it blasted, but an unfortunate medical condition took away his ability to work on it. His daughters sold his car collection while he was sick under the assumption he would not survive, but apparently he did. I do not know him, but i figure ill honor his intention and get it up to snuff. I got all of the rot out of it. Re stripped, used a quality rust.converter and now the body is in epoxy primer. Now that the body is sealed up I am getting an odd fire v6 ready to go, already have a t90 set up with the longer input shaft. I will be doing a saginaw steering conversion and most likely a disk brake swap. I would like to be doing a faithful restoration,  but i have tons and tons of early cj5 stuff sitting around. Apparently the daughters who sold it only knew where the body parts , frame and aprings were. I got empty axle housings too. And original seats. Zero drivetrain though, so it is going to vecome the home fir aome slightly newer guts. Oh well. It will be awesome when im done.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 11:36am
A flatty saved is a flatty earned ;) ... looking forward to watching things progress.

If my kids EVAH sold my stuff before I was cold.... 

(Unless of course it was that money that made the medical care possible, lol)

Edited by mbullism - 07 Oct. 2017 at 11:40am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 1:32pm
I whipped up a couple corners, i was very happy with how they went in, barely noticeable
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 1:34pm
some fitment 
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 1:39pm
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 1:40pm
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 4:32pm
9 beers = 2 corners looking like new.   Sounds like a deal to me!  

Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 4:44pm
I think I count 10.  Still a good deal.  There may be one in the hand of the camera man also.  LOL
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 6:40pm
Hello ByanB
Welcome. Your work looks good but I would move the gas tank out of the garage if your
going to be gridding and welding a lot, that could take all the fun out of having a jeep.
Rich
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 8:06pm
Very nice work, which cost you more the Jeep or the beer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2017 at 8:51pm
When I was doing the body work on my 3B it seemed to entail some cooling down times. Get a patch tacked in and it's time to let it cool so It was time for me to cool down and get a beer from the keg. Find a spot in the shade to set your beer and weld on. Grinding or sanding down a weld adds a different factor into where you place your beer.

uncamonkey
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2017 at 1:36am
Welcome and nice work. My poison was Jack. But I never left the empties in any pics, didn't want you all to think I had a drinking problem, when I had no problem drinking at all.  Besides, the Coors light would have frozen in the barn and I was too busy swearing to let my lips get stuck to the can. Jack on the other hand, never froze up. Embarrassed

Edited by masscj2a - 08 Oct. 2017 at 1:38am
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>