Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Nice to see the East Coasters making the pilgramidge 👍🏽👍👍🏽

Lee

Yes, never really expected people to come from afar for just a day event. I was expecting that Lee would be the furthest. As Lee said... "nice to see".

Life is short. May as well do something interesting with my time! Your collection is worthy of travel! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 3:35pm
I think Nofender nailed it, life IS short.  

You guys have to promise me that you won't make fun of NF's Boston accent... he's kinda self conscious about it, and it would really help if you could just ignore it... 
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

You guys have to promise me that you won't make fun of NF's Boston accent... he's kinda self conscious about it, and it would really help if you could just ignore it... 

I’ll make a point to avoid the Boston accent at video time 😮 🤪

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 4:05pm
I myself was born in Milwaukee, and spent my formative years growing up in Colorado.  We didn't follow my Dad's job to MA til I was darn near four Wink

(Yes, I'm "r" challenged LOL)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 9:33pm

Boston? Say what? I'm from the Bronx for crying out loud.....and I work in Jersey and Baltimore. Even I'm confused by my accent. 

Think I'll just bring a note pad and be mute for the day. LOLLOL 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 9:36pm
WinkLOL
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 9:52pm

...(Yes, I'm "r" challenged...
It's pretty simple really. Any "r" that comes after a vowel is silent.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 10:12pm
I thought that the "r" that comes after a vowel is pronounced "ah".  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I thought that the "r" that comes after a vowel is pronounced "ah".  Smile

... sorta you substitute "o" or “e” before a vowel with "ah"... example:

"What's for dinner"

Boston pronunciation:

What's fah dinnah

Southern, Illinois pronunciation (substitute the "o" before an "r" with "e"):

What's fer dinner.

Don't "ferget" to go heavy on the "r" ...Got it?

Edited by jpet - 13 Jan. 2019 at 10:42pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 10:35pm
We had heavy "r's" in southwestern Ohio too.  I brought them with me to Colorado, just in case.  Big smile 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 11:02pm
Word: “forever”

England: “foheveh
New England: “fahevah”
Southern, IL: “ferever”
Northern, IL: “farevar”

Edited by jpet - 13 Jan. 2019 at 11:07pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 11:04pm
Let's see who I can set off. I've lived here my entire life and don't think we have an odd accent. I had a bit of trouble when visiting Alabama, a friend that I was visiting had to translate. Another friend grew up in Ft. Collins. She was the head nurse at PVMC and MCR. I always thought she spoke well. She was in Denver and somebody asked her if she was from Ft. Collins because she had the accent. I must have missed that class in school.
uncamonkey
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2019 at 11:05pm
I expect they pronounce Willy’s the correct way, and that’s Willis! 😂 that really all that matters, East, West, heavy R, or a light one, forklift or Towmotor, it will be a fun day! No doubt!

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 5:27am
a little late to the party. Work has been keeping me busy this last year but I will be attending. See you fellers on the 26th. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Schimms15 Schimms15 wrote:

a little late to the party. Work has been keeping me busy this last year but I will be attending. See you fellers on the 26th. 

👍👍👍👍👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 7:21pm
Gents,

Don't think I will be able to make it. But did want to propose an idea for you to discuss there.

Maybe a 2 day get together in the spring or fall along the Mississippi.   Base camp at a bed and breakfast for the wives.   http://www.visitiowa.org/bed-and-breakfast.html   .   Go south and back along the mississippi one day and north the next day?   stop at lock and dams to watch the boats. should be some backroads we could find. first two weeks of oct are fall colors on the Mississippi?   westforkboyd territory?   any contacts up there?

if meet in Dubuque, could do river boat ride and/or river museusm as backup if it rains. After black hills getting rained out, might have a backup plan?

just thinking shorter trip if I don't win mike's lottery.

My bucket list is to travel the perimeter of iowa in my cj, but that is another story.

Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 2:19pm
Sorry you wont be able to make it Steve.
A couple days touring the Mississippi river banks sounds like fun to me. I too submitted my name for CFFC Fall Color Tour, so if I don't get into that, I'd definitely be up for your proposal.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2019 at 9:33pm
I will be attending, bringing Bloody Marys. Anybody interested in grabbing a hotel room either Fri or Sat nite to spread the travel over two days? Looks like DSM to Madison is about 5 hours.

Fltfndr

Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>