Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
    Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

WOW Rick! So the system uses air, and it mixes it with fuel to create a combustible vapor? .... genius! Let us know how you like it!

Yep.  And the key is COLD air.  You can clearly see the difference in temps between the two pics.  Pretty sure when this gets out, all the hot rod and performance shops will be installing this type system.  I’m just glad I have 4 wheel disc brakes so I can slow this monster down!  Don’t try this at home y’all.  I’m a professional😎

..."not intended for home use. Do not take internally. Side effects can include dry-mouth, shaking, night sweats, and the desire to find abandoned trails. Use only as directed."

Dude, how much power are you getting out of that hydraulic cooling setup? If that's a 3000psi system, you've gotta be pulling an extra 50% pony-power off that, too!

Edited by LesBerg - 31 Jan. 2018 at 3:42pm
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 3:31pm
I'm overhauling my canvas. The doors are getting new windows and some paint on the frames:

on the left is the new 30 mil marine-grade window, on the right is the old window made from vinyl from JoAnns. It looks decent enough on the table, but you can't see traffic through it at all. It's only about two years old.

The finished product:

Of course, I got distracted at one point and wanted to go do some snow driving...

yeah, it's not the powder I blasted through a couple years back. This has three or four layers of 1/2" ice in it from various storms, and the entire depth of it has the consistency of a sno-cone. So without lockers, this is the 'end of the road' as it were..Wink
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 2:33pm
About the only thing I did last night was go out every hour or so and sit on the bumper to look at the Blue moon. Yep, that's the moon. I went out later when it should have started into the blood part and we had clouds. I stayed up all night for that?
uncamonkey
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 2:14pm
I think that kind of power is illegal in 53 states.  Just sayin...  LOL
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

WOW Rick! So the system uses air, and it mixes it with fuel to create a combustible vapor? .... genius! Let us know how you like it!

Yep.  And the key is COLD air.  You can clearly see the difference in temps between the two pics.  Pretty sure when this gets out, all the hot rod and performance shops will be installing this type system.  I’m just glad I have 4 wheel disc brakes so I can slow this monster down!  Don’t try this at home y’all.  I’m a professional😎
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 10:59am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 5:11am
I installed this really trick cold air induction system this weekend.  K&N filter.  Prolly adds close to 100 hp😁

Second pic is what it used to look like.

Before...

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2018 at 2:33am
Started to grade the brakes. First photo is my new/old 11" drums and back plate, the second I my brake down of my driver side braking system and the last is my new not and s or z tube but it fits.
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 1:27am

New exhaust put in on Sunday, front to back. Can't wait to put the gas tank back in and see how she sounds.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 7:59pm
Installed leaf spring mount skid plate/sliders. Gathering parts for brake upgrade. Disc brake conversion on the front & 11" drums on the rear. Getting ready for CFCT 2020.(target date for retirement) I want to be able to stop before crashing at the bottom of the mountain.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2018 at 5:33pm
I put the starter back together (twice!), put it back in Scabby, and when I remembered to push the dash starter button and not just turn the key, he fired right up! Oh, Happpy Day!.My wife and I even sent for a short ride in the rain!
Rick Estes
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2018 at 11:41pm
Put the engine back in the parts jeep build and started it briefly. It seems to run good, gotta get a radiator in it so I can run it longer.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
cjs cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjs cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2018 at 6:55pm
I would be interested.  Sent you a pm
Cjs Cj
1948 CJ2A
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2018 at 6:34pm
I'm actually pretty excited. That motor came with the 48 cj2a I bought for parts. It wasn't in the Jeep when I brought it home. It's currently stuck, but is more complete than I thought. My goal is to unstick it, get it to run, then offer it for sale. That is, unless someone in the Tampa or S. Florida area wants to make me an offer as is. 

It has the skidplate on the oil pan and the serial number starts with J. Motor plate has both ears pointing backwards, so I'm assuming it's probably correct for the Cj2a. 
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2018 at 6:27pm
Put the motor in my jeep today! 😂😂😂😂

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2018 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Stev Stev wrote:

There should be a thread on Bottle openers on Jeeps.

You mean like the one on G503?  There was (maybe still is...) some serious acrimony in that thread.  Way more than necessary!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2018 at 2:10am
A Coke bottle laying in the floor board oughta solve that small problem....I sure wouldn't worry about it.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2018 at 12:49am
I'd worry an enthusiastic police officer might view a hard mounted bottle opener within reach of the driver as 'probable cause'. I like it anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>