Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
    Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 12:10pm
Its 8 degrees outside and 32 degrees in the garage. But to start off this month's thread, I went out and wished old Bluebell a happy and reliable new year!

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 5:04pm
To cold to even bother turning on the heat in the garage, I can get it plenty warm to work but the heat will run non stop. No sense wasting the gas. I have to swap my lawn mower and bobcat around from one building to the other, may snow on Thursday. Should have done it when it was warmer of course. 

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 5:10pm
Stepped out into garage this morn to install some jeep related swag, brrrr
23 deg down here in Gawja. 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 5:12pm
Here in the sunny South it's minus 5 wind chill today....yep, contrary to popular opinion it gets cold here.

I HATE WINTER !

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 5:15pm
34° and sunny.

Woke up 30 minutes ago and as always I look outside at the Jeeps. Looked like there was something on the windshield of the 2A. So I went outside barefoot and in my pajamas. Yep something there... So I removed something from my Jeep today!

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 6:26pm
I really hate being sidelined by the cold weather. I've been off work for a few days and go back tomorrow. So I wanted to do something constructive on the jeep today. I think the spark plugs are over 15 years old and I had already picked up a new set of Autolite 295s. So I gapped them to .030", then went to the garage and changed them out - a quick 10 minute job. The old plugs were Autolite 306s, not sure why those were used. But I was pleased to see the electrodes all looked good, a nice tan color.

The next 4 or 5 days are looking just as cold, and a storm may be brewing, so this may be all I get done for a few days. 

Steve
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 7:21pm
Sadly putting trail jeep project and RWILLYS away til late spring, but looking forward to camping with friends on Florida beaches and being with family in Texas.
RWILLYS (Space R)
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 7:41pm
Lucky youEmoticons  Travel safe.   Happy New Year.  

I brushed the snow off and fired Eeyore up for a short run on our snow packed streets.  Trey the Airedale sure likes to go for Jeep rides.

Tom

Edited by 64CJ5 - 01 Jan. 2018 at 7:44pm
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 8:13pm
Still finishing up my oversized battery tray and getting some misc parts sand blasted ready for Paint.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 8:17pm
I ventured out in the garage and hooked up a trickle charger, patted him on the fender and told Ranch Hand I will be back in a few months to give him a bath and go for a ride.

Happy New Year everybody.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2018 at 10:25pm
It was minus 12 here, but 55 degrees in the shop so I did not have a good excuse not to tackle the dreaded task of performing some routine maintenance on Blueberry. But first I had to hang up my new Fall Colors Tour Calendar.

All went pretty well on the maintenance except finding a broken cross pin in the rear Dana 44 ARB Locker. I will get a new pin and hopefully have Blueberry ready for some more winter wheelin' next week.

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 1:05am
Need the wood for the house so I'm back in the basement(even that's cold), working on the Harrison heater, and the horns one off the 47, one off the 48. Whats with the round head on the screws that hold the horn together? Had to resort to tacking the screw to the cover to remove one of the nuts     The heater motor worked great on either 6v or 12v have the original variable voltage switch, took apart the motor to repair frayed wire Hope I didn't screw this up. Also worked on my first Honda in over 50yrs years of wrenching. How hard can it be ....Right! Joe Wadoyado........Oh yeah Rick the pic of the front jeep How you do that?

Edited by wadoyado - 02 Jan. 2018 at 1:10am
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 1:10am
A lovely day in the Napa Valley was about 60. I spent it straightening out my passenger side door on my original paint DJ3A d;very model. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 2:46am
I would be afraid that Willys parts and Honda parts on the same workbench at the same time might result in some kind of reaction, probably not desirable.Shocked   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 3:37am
I like your mother's saying about new years day, But I hope it's not true about working on Honda's. I still treat metrics as second class wrenchs
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 4:20am
Took the rear tires off for the first time. 11 drums back there too. Glad to see that. Pulled the drums off. All was well in there. Cleaned the brakes up. Pumped some grease in the dry rear bearings and some more green grease in the front.
Top down, took her to the grocery store. Beautiful start of the year.

Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 5:28pm
I did some engine clean up on my 3b, cleaning up the limestone dust from the gravel roads down at Lonnie's, and I started cataloging the 100's of M38A1 parts I got off a guy. I'll start selling those soon, and I did some work on the jeepster too. See post in projects...other!

Oh, and I'm working on installing a dual wheel setup...but just for shows.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2018 at 10:33pm
Too cold to work in the garage again. But when I got home from work, my new OTC hub puller with two extra arms was waiting for me Big smile  Come on spring!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>