Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2018 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I just figured that wearing a suit coat with your bibs rates a "Mr." So Grumpy is just following the natural social protocol. 

Keep in mind Stan, a few $$$ spent at a thrift shop ($10 limit) and you too could be a dashing Jeeper like me!

Lee
So dashing is what you call it? I'm not sure that's how I'd describe itLOL
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2018 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Grumpy1 Grumpy1 wrote:

Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I just figured that wearing a suit coat with your bibs rates a "Mr." So Grumpy is just following the natural social protocol. 

Keep in mind Stan, a few $$$ spent at a thrift shop ($10 limit) and you too could be a dashing Jeeper like me!

Lee

So dashing is what you call it? I'm not sure that's how I'd describe itLOL

I'm sensing great jealousy!......

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Huckleberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:33am
Was up Six Mile Road from the Wyoming side a week ago. There was still too much snow then to get to the ranch at Preacher Springs. This past week should have brought a lot of melting though.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Huckleberry
I'm Your Huckleberry!

1953 CJ3B (Huckleberry)
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:11am
Thanks for the report Dan! I already heard through Tom that was the case. Looks like the Colorado Rockies are a bit ahead of us for thawing this year. I wouldn't worry too much. I've seen it 105 hear on June 5th before. It will be gone in a flash and will make for less dust. Possibly a few Red Willy Traps for fun? Wink

Things here do not open up until  May 15th, and campgrounds also. Then it's pedal to the metal. Memorial Day and we are off and running. Lots to do. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:18pm
Boy oh boy, a guy gets a little high centered one time and has a trap named after him. 😜
Glen
49 CJ3A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

Boy oh boy, a guy gets a little high centered one time and has a trap named after him. 😜
Goes right along with "Red Willy Power Steering"!  
Just how many "events" can a guy "enjoy" in his history??? Wink
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 3:08pm
That icon name always makes me smile. Watching the rescue was just so much fun. I also remember the Bam Bam mud hole.  plop!. Playing in the mud.  Wink
Huckleberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 4:56pm
No worries. I have seen times that it was still snowing in June. But not this year. I expect to be able to get to the ranch this week. I need to find out how much fence the elk have destroyed and how many elk carcasses the cougar have taken down. If you wanted to add Fencing to the activity list the place is just around the corner.
I'm Your Huckleberry!

1953 CJ3B (Huckleberry)
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

That icon name always makes me smile. Watching the rescue was just so much fun. I also remember the Bam Bam mud hole.  plop!. Playing in the mud.  Wink

X2 so your say'in a mud hole is a Jpet trap ?.......

Lee

Edited by Lee (MN) - 02 May 2018 at 12:12am
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:51am
There are two kinds of Jeep folks, those that try and find a easier way around things and those that try and find the most challenging "line". Jeff and Stan are the latter. LOL Carol was surfing Jeep pictures one day and was finding things like "It's a Rock, Get Over It". She then found a photo shopped picture of a vertical rock cliff with a stop sign facing down. Or in other words coming straight out of the side of the mountain. I thought of Jeff when I saw it. Big smile. Those two need the sticker that says; "Don't Follow Me, You won't Make It".  I do admire what they can do in a Willys. Crazy 8's . You others guys that go with them too! I enjoyed riding along with you in videos. Cliffhanger----- those videos actually showed the difficulty that you normally can't feel in pictures. So, it must have been worse. Embarrassed The views and friends along with our little Willys are what I enjoy. 

ONLY 7 WEEKS UNTIL BHR !  Stay tuned for new camp site directions. Directions to Ditch Creek Road are unchanged, but camp will be at a new "city" location. 37 rigs are indicated. 
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:01pm
Dang Oilly you get up early!
Hope you guys get some nice weather. Is it normally cool in the mornings in June and then short sleeve weather in the afternoon? Oh yes bibs in Texas are considered formal attire
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:06pm
Got up late today, slept in. As to temps, yes cool mornings and perfect afternoons. Unless it rains. Then cool. 
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 4:09pm
Rain coat, jacket, sun glasses, sun screen & mosquito repellent.   All ways drinking water.  Just the basics. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:35pm
I don't want to junk this thread up with questions about Camp 5 trail which are unrelated to this event, but I'm hoping some of the locals can contribute:

Blackhills Trail Inforamtion
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:59pm
John, Carol and All:

I'm going to miss this year's Black Hills Run due to a conflict with a vintage Airstream event the same week. This year is the 25th Anniversary of the Vintage Airstream Club (VAC), and to celebrate they are having a special 25th Anniversary VAC Caravan to the main Airstream club's International Rally in Salem, Oregon. This caravan, from Baker City to Bend, OR, is limited to 15 old Airstreams, and I'm thrilled to participate in it. 

For 12 years I was the first Historian for the VAC, and researched and wrote many articles about early Airstreams from the 1930s through the 1960s. I'll be caravanning in my 1953 21' Flying Cloud, which happens to be the first production model Airstream trailer made at Airstream's then-new eastern factory in Jackson Center, Ohio. I'll be traveling alongside many other significant Vintage Airstream trailers, sort of a rolling rendezvous of aluminum greybeards.  Wink   

I was on the waiting list for this 25th Anniversary VAC Caravan, but was just was informed a spot opened up and I got it. So I'm going Airstreaming the week of the BHR.  I'll miss being in South Dakota this June and seeing everyone there, but will ride again with many of my jeeping buddies at Mike and Nancy's 2018 Fall Color Tour in Colorado.  So, See You in September.       
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:38pm
Awesome opportunity for you Fred!  So much cool stuff going on, so little time.  Have a great trip!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:47pm
Fred,  Have a great time out West.  Safe travels.  See you in the fall.    Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

bibs in Texas are considered formal attire

Glad to hear that! , Also the formal attire of vintage Jeeping ........

Fred, you will be missed!..... Enjoy your adventure and we will meet in September!

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 33>