Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Rick Cline Rick Cline wrote:

TWeed it’s 94* in Hill City, SD now but looks like cooler weather is on its way for ya!
Shack

That's excellent news!, perfect suit jacket weather

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 4:09am
BTW, BHJR stickers are in hand

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 5:17am
we just stopped for the night in Fairmont MN. About 500 miles to go. Already had a flat tire on the RV, picked up a nail or bolt. Got the spare mounted and didn’t lose the dog this time. 😜 Tire now plugged and holding air, hopefully we won’t need it. 
Glen
49 CJ3A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Lee

Hip hip hooray!!  I was SOOOOO worried that you had used up all the sticky paper catching flies or patching your Jeep, and that you were eating Crayola salad, that we would not get our annual commemorative decal for this fine event.  But I can see you are truly a man of your word, and have come through in good fashion to provide all of us souvenir seekers with another tasteful reminder of our adventures to come.  From all of us to who's participation you will provide the adhesive documentation, we say "GOODONYA!!" and "THANK YOU!"  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Lee

Hip hip hooray!!  I was SOOOOO worried that you had used up all the sticky paper catching flies or patching your Jeep, and that you were eating Crayola salad, that we would not get our annual commemorative decal for this fine event.  But I can see you are truly a man of your word, and have come through in good fashion to provide all of us souvenir seekers with another tasteful reminder of our adventures to come.  From all of us to who's participation you will provide the adhesive documentation, we say "GOODONYA!!" and "THANK YOU!"  

Thanks for the kind words Mike!, I kinda like to be our resident "Tourist Trap",

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Lee

Thanks for the kind words Mike!, I kinda like to be our resident "Tourist Trap",

Lee

Our "Gentleman Jeeper" with a tow rope and parts locker too! Lee has saved more than one Jeep from being thrown on the trailer in failure. 

Loading the "stuff" today and heading out Saturday for camp. Looks wet for Sunday, but the weather folks are a mess . No two forecasts the same. It was 101 yesterday and I saw a 55 in the forecast----Confused. Crazy!!!!!!! Maybe we'll need snow shovels eh? oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Huckleberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 4:22pm
The Windmill Draw phone booth is serviceable, weather permitting.
Six mile road is covered in pine cones and cow s%#t. Be aware this is open range. There are thousands of cows if not even hundreds of them in the hills right now. Black cows are hard to see after dark. Six pot bellies were unloading at the Pole Creek corrals. Watch out for cattle trucks and logging trucks. Early morning and in the evening deer and elk will be on the road. When I pulled in last night I sat and watch several deer not 20 yards from me. I have a lawn mower so you can knock down the grass around your tent or camper. (You do the mowing yourself, I will mow for a Perdomo Gran Cru or a Rocky Patel.) This helps minimize the tick problems. I have 35 gallons of water on a trailer. More can be gotten if needed. Safe travels, Dan
I'm Your Huckleberry!

1953 CJ3B (Huckleberry)
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 5:32pm
Dan, Kate and I have a similar back ground.  We know that a pot, pot belly or opossum belly refers to a semi trailer that hauls cattle, sheep or hogs.  Horses are hauled in a straight trailer.  Ranchers that have a forest service allotment are now bringing there cattle to summer in the Hills.  If the rancher's home pasture is close to his allotment he will trail the cattle down the road to his allotment.  That means cow poop on the road. 
Take it slow on the gravel roads.   See yall in a few.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 6:10pm
The Custer trail ride is also going on in that neck of the woods this weekend (horses).
We’re heading out with the camper within the hour.
RWILLYS (Space R)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 6:12pm
Those are "Slow Elk" or "Missouri Elk". Bruce and I have our cow callers if needed. With Huckleberry on site, we can now all breathe easy. He'll leave the light on for us. Thanks Dan! Wink

Mowing your spot------ now that just doesn't seem remote to me at all. Up in the mountains with your lawn mower. Now he'll have to put out the lawn sprinkler, fertilize, and spray for weeds. Those cone throwing squirrels won't like it. Shocked

Hard to believe it, the wait is over. Time to drive some Jeep trails. Oilly
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 10:14pm
"Hard to believe it, the wait is over. Time to drive some Jeep trails. Oilly"

Finally! Let's do it! We Have Miles To Jeep Before We Sleep!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:41pm
Be Monday evening before Grampa’s Jeep arrives. That’s, of course, if we get past the I80 rollover obstacle. Smile

Can’t wait to hit the trail.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:51pm
Too damn hot. I get something ready to carry out to the trailer or the pickup, make a trip out and back, and spend half an hour mopping sweat and cooling down. Ouch Think I'm going to have to wait until after sundown. Angry  Should still be on the way before noon tomorrow. Tiny will be travelling with me. Save us a spot!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 11:57pm
Don't fret B W, there's allot of spots. Just don't make noise and ruin my quiet time.Wink
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 1:44am
somewhere near the Ok/Kansas line! :)
Gary

51 CJ-3A
Huckleberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huckleberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 1:49am
The cows are providing the fertilizer till we arrive. Then I'm sure plenty of fertilizer will be spread among our fellow flat fender fanatics.
I'm Your Huckleberry!

1953 CJ3B (Huckleberry)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 2:54am

That's excellent news!, perfect suit jacket weather  

Well, Gentleman Lee, do you prefer the suit jacket or will you go more casual, and wear the blazer?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 3:40am
Linda and I just got back home from setting up the camper at the site. We left there around 6:00 and it was 63 degrees and falling. We will bring  RWILLYS down early in the morning. Tried Williams Draw off Deerfield road to Six mile road and thought it was better the the Ditch Creek road but narrow and winding single lane most of the way. On the way out we went east on six mile road 301 to East Slate Road 300. Very nice and wide all the way to the blacktop of Deerfield road. Very dust, we met 4 wheelers who looked like they were covered with slimy dust sweat. Not a pretty sight.
Plan on getting settled in the morning then who knows what fun we will be having!

Space R
RWILLYS (Space R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 33>