Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Tiny Tiny wrote:

Sounds good we will be there if rehab goes well. I am planning on everything being fine. Is there enough height room for the 30+ ft. Toy hauler?

Larry, I'll find a townsite for us. I actually think I know of a suitable place. Carol and I spent a whole day looking up and down the area. Bring Ice grinder with you! There won't be any ice though. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 1:45pm
Thanks John, were good. 
Glen
49 CJ3A
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 3:43pm
Marked on the calendar.
We'd be roughly 30' X 6' with our truck and trailer and then with a ground tent 10'X14'

Edited by bretto - 07 Jan. 2018 at 3:49pm
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 4:10pm
John,
Pickup and flatbed, and a tent space.
BOULDER 48 2A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Marked on the calendar.
We'd be roughly 30' X 6' with our truck and trailer and then with a ground tent 10'X14'

Excellent ! It will be good to see you all again Bretto! Are you bringing your special Jeep driver? Oilly
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 6:23pm
oileaker1,

Do you mind if I join on on this event?  I just need room for a tent and my jeep towing a willys....

Thanks,
Dave Luber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 6:36pm
Jump in Dave. Just remember to get your off road FS sticker and bring a weeks worth of what you need to stand alone. We all have to do that. There is a link posted by Tom Fitch on the 2016 BHR for the sticker. John
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 9:41pm
John - Thanks!
Runs with Beer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runs with Beer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 9:49pm
This will be our second year with our Willy's being with us on our summer escape from Yuma AZ. We leave mid May and return mid October. We camp the whole time and are always looking to wheel in new areas. We planing on doing the Colorado run in July after we wear out the Black Hills. We plan on being in the area of the camps Friday evening. Will be following the postings and will assist if needed.

Original Side×Side
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:00pm
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:49pm
Thanks Lee was just going to go looking for that.

"EACH VEHICLE IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A STICKER ATTACHED on the left front or left front side at all times."

Id assume we are going to be ok with it on a folded windshield.

John I don't know that Lydia, AKA Jeep chauffeur, will be in attendance.  She'll be 16 and will have other agendas.

Edited by bretto - 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:55pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:51pm
Thank you Lee!

OK, Neil, Runs with Beer????????? Is that you or your Jeep that does that? I think you will fail at wearing out the Black Hills. I been trying to do that since I moved here in 1965. I may have succeeded on a few of the trails since the Forest Service has closed them. They actually did close the Squaw Creek Trail we went up on to Carbonate last year. Blockades and signs. Very sad. We better keep moving since we all have miles to Jeep before we sleep. Wink
Runs with Beer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Runs with Beer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:59pm
Thats my Indian name.
Original Side×Side
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 11:49pm
Leaker
 Looks like your going to be short a few rigs!!  I think if I get at it right away, I could probably get 10 or 11 together to come down and help make all your work worthwhile! Oh wait a minute, we have to get back from holidays first!  LOL Hug Looks like you got your hands full this year.
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Thanks Lee was just going to go looking for that.

"EACH VEHICLE IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A STICKER ATTACHED on the left front or left front side at all times."

Id assume we are going to be ok with it on a folded windshield.

John I don't know that Lydia, AKA Jeep chauffeur, will be in attendance.  She'll be 16 and will have other agendas.

I've never been stopped or even seen one of the FS Law officers. They do exist and they do carry guns. I've talked with folks who have. Do not smart off to them and be respectful.  They want to see it while passing by your vehicle. 
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

We will be in our 32' RV with enclosed trailer, 50' total. Trailer can be parked out of the way but it is nice to keep the garage close to the home :) If all this gets to be too much it wouldn't take much to convince Lori to stay at the campground with full hook ups.

Glen, Lynn and I will keep you company in the hills. I just have to get my wife to take quick showers. 

Its just so much more fun with the entire gang and be able to share the fun stories. That is one of the things that I missed about the FCT. We always went back into town to stay in the cabin. I missed staying out at the ranch and participating in the nightly stories and fun get togethers. 

Im looking forward to staying off grid for a while. Just have to remember to bring extra water!

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 1:50am
HA! Grumpy You So Funny!
49 CJ3A - Dauntless V6 -Sold
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold
49 CJ3A Custom Rock Crawler -Sold
58 FC170 350 Chev,snow plow -Sold
48 CJ2A 206401 Original and keeping it that way !!! Current   

Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 2:04am
Wow I'm one of the trail leaders and I feel like I'm already behind! LOL 
      You have to move fast around a bunch of slow Jeeps!
 John we're looking forward to more trail scouting excursions next spring.
I know of another large meadow/camp site further to the south on DC too.
 I'll hopefully have my toy hauler finished by then. 20' trailer + pickup.

49 CJ3A - Dauntless V6 -Sold
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold
49 CJ3A Custom Rock Crawler -Sold
58 FC170 350 Chev,snow plow -Sold
48 CJ2A 206401 Original and keeping it that way !!! Current   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 33>