Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2018 - 22 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!!
    Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 1:59pm
From way up near the top of the world we'd like to take a moment to invite any and all Flatfender Jeeps to join us for the 2018 annual Fall Color Tours!!

(jpet drone photo)  (13,000 feet elevation on Mt. Antero)

Did you get to see your Jeep in this great photo of the Thirsty Dirt Ranch last year?  No?  Then you'd better get it ready for this years photo, and the many trails we'll try.  

(jpet drone photo)  (8,000 feet elevation at TDR)

Nancy and I are inviting everyone to join us again this year for another grand set of tours high in the Colorful Colorado Rockies!  We plan to take all of you out to scenic viewpoints, rugged trails, through beautiful aspen and evergreen forests, and just as high as you can get without using Colorado weed!  

This year's tours will start on Monday, September 17 and run through Saturday, September 22.  We'll be running two tours each day again.  Most tours will challenge you to run in 4-low, without too much risk of damaging your Willys.  But we'll still offer some high adventure runs for those who like big rocks beneath their seat. 

So mark your calendar, get your vacation request in, tune up Ol' Squeeky, and join us for some great fun in the high country!!

Edited by m38mike - 07 Jan. 2018 at 12:57pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 2:23pm
What a great way to start the year BHR and now FCT. We can't wait to see what you have planned for this year. Funny, we were looking at the pictures from 2016 and how gold the aspens were. Kate's jeep looked so awesome - gold on gold -

Looking to have fun as always with our Jeep friends. I don't need to file for vacation request this time; we retire the end of May - Yeeeeehaaaaaa

Now to get the old guitar in tune so I can back up sing for jpet!Thumbs Up
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 3:23pm
I've been living vicariously thru the past years postings and videos and were planning on finally making it this fall. I just want to make sure I'm not misreading. Are CJ5ers still invited?  The engine in Willie is out and being rebuilt getting ready for some semblance of dependability. 
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 3:33pm
Mike thanks for the invite.  Ruthie & I plan to see you & Nancy in SD in June and at your house in Sept.

Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 5:48pm
Woo Hoo!! The dates are saved and I'll be there for sure.  Thanks, Mike and Nancy, for organizing and hosting this absolutely wonderful event.  Can't wait. :)
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 11:53pm
I'm planning on attending this year as well!, I'll be bringing my sister along so she can expierience the mountains from Dads Jeep, she has never done anything like this!, LOL.... Many thanks to Mike & Nancy and the others who make a classic event like this possible! .

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 1:47am
Uh-oh, the pressure's on. Oilly has announced, and now Mike. Who's next? Big smile  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 2:57am
Thank you Tumbleweed, I love that gold picture. I look forward to more picking and grinning. 

Mike, I’d like to reserve my usual accommodations. Please. 

Bruce, .... well?
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 1:20pm
Carol and John are in! Thumbs Up
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 3:42pm
Marked on the calendar.
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 4:13pm
We'll be there, still working out the logistics because of a reunion on the closing weekend. We may have to find a motel or b&b????
BOULDER 48 2A
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 5:40pm
Frankie and I will be there in Red.  #11, amazing!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 5:50pm
I plan to be there for the week, but you already knew that...
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 7:17pm
You know I'll be there, I don't have to tell you that. And, if you need help again, well............  yeah, you can count on me.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Carol and John are in! Thumbs Up

Make "Damn Sure" you have the HBR supplies with! , as you'll be making me one on my birthday in person this time

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2018 at 10:41pm
Yes sir Leemaster! One HBR coming right up. 
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 3:03am
Mike I'm in,looking forward to it, till we jeep again!
48CJ2A
Tiny
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2018 at 9:38pm
Alice and I are planning on attending.
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>