Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2018 - 22 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 39>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 1:57pm
Ginny and I also thank you for another great FCT, wish we could have stayed the whole week. Clap
BOULDER 48 2A
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 2:32pm
RickG and I arrived at my place at 1:30 am.  He'll continue on from here for another 5 hours up to his place in Buhl, ID.
I'd like to say thanks to Mike and Nancy for their hospitality and opening up their place and putting this on.  I had a great time!
Brett
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

The party's over.  We're done for another year.  Now it's just the final cleanup.  I've got to find a place for the Jeeps that get parked for the winter.  I've got to go through my tools and find the missing ones, and put all of them back where they belong.  Card tables and chairs will go back to our friend.  The big coffee pot gets thoroughly scrubbed and put away.  I've got lots of jeep parts to put away (where I can find them again!)  After I take some time to just relax, I'll refocus on firewood cutting and elk hunting.  

But first things first.  I need to process my photos so I can post them here.  And I need to get rid of piles of trash.  Now to get a cup of coffee, and find my phone.............

It sounds like everybody had a great time. I have spent a lot of time in that area. It sounds like you know how to be a good couple to host or hostess an event I wanted to head down there a few years ago but I had woman problems. You know women from Boulder can be strange? Hopefully, all of your tools will show up. I used to fill up a vehicle with trash after a trip to take home.
uncamonkey
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 3:48pm
Good morning Mike & Nancy,
Made it home about 10 pm (cst). We wish to say thanks for another great FCT, it was perfect. Your hard work and hospitality is greatly appreciated. All the craziness is gone, woderful memories will remain.
Thanks again
John, Wade, Joan, and Andie
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 3:56pm
Thanks Mike and Nancy for everything. We will be back soon to pick up the parts. We called Studawillys  and stopped for lunch.  Got home about 6 . Thanks again. 
Tiny and Sarah
48CJ2A
Tiny
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 4:30pm

Atop mount princeton. What a glorious view. Thanks so much mike and nancy.
So many projects and so little time.
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 4:47pm
kansascat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansascat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 4:52pm
Icegrinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icegrinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:00pm
thank you so much Mike and Nancy for all you do to put on the fall colors tour. You all go way out of your way to make this happen for all of us that come. We can’t thank you both enough!what a fun amazing week thank you Joe Leesa and JoLee
1949 Hard to be Green
jeephawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeephawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:01pm
Mike and Nancy,  let us add our thanks for a great week.   This is a tremendous amount of preparation before the event,  and work during the week. We had a great time!  Thanks again. Jeff and Rhonda 
54cj3b
55 pu
56cj5
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:53pm
I want to thank Mike and Nancy for the great time again, too.  You're the best!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 7:16pm
After 8 depressing hours of watching the Colorado Rockies fade in the rear view mirror, Donalee and I made it home last night.  I spent 400 miles yesterday trying to figure out what happened to the last 7 days and how they passed me by without really registering.  Recounting the meeting of new friends, the scenery, breathing clean mountain air, and hearing the groan of 5.38 gears, all takes time to unpack and process into lasting memories.  The FCT week is truly the fastest of the 52 on the calendar.  Donalee and I had a great time.  Sorry we didn’t get to say goodbye to everyone, but know we cherish all of you and look forward to our time together again.  Thanks Mike and Nancy for hosting.  You may never know how what you do has impacted so many people. Friendships created and lifetime memories made because of what you guys have done.  Words cannot truly express what the FCT means to us.  Humbly and sincerely, THANK YOU.

I’ll try and post some pics and video in the next day or two.  
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 7:42pm
Thanks for posting all the great stories, photos, and videos and I wish I could have made it to the 2018 FCT.  My family and I are now back in Maryland - missing Colorado. 

Take care,

Dave Luber
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 8:23pm
Back on the farm just now, what a great week! Kudos to Mike and Nancy and all who participated. Looks like a lot of posts I missed while I was there, should make for good reading.. And now time for the reality check-where the heck have I been?? Muley..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 9:09pm
Hope you're over that cold, Muley.  It couldn't have been fun. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 10:10pm

Edited by russnj - 23 Sep. 2018 at 10:56pm
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 10:29pm
goofed up on posting video.  
Anyway, had a great time.  Met some new folks and some familiar trails.  Super huge thanks to Mike and family, again!  What is it?  13 times!?
See ya next year.
Lew Ladwig
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 10:43pm

Edited by russnj - 23 Sep. 2018 at 10:56pm
Lew Ladwig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 39>