Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 18 May 2018 - 19 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2018 at 1:32pm
Rausch Creek is tempting,  but not sure I could make that work.    Plans for trip to OH include picking up my mother in western Maryland and taking her to Warren OH to visit with family.    Rausch Creek would be out of the way.     Funny thinking about it,  but I could picture my Mom (80 years old) liking a Jeep ride,  but not camping.  LOL
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2018 at 5:27pm
Jpet, did you get that e mail I forwarded?
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2018 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

Jpet, did you get that e mail I forwarded?
Yeppers, and I responded back to you and Steve Adams. The email addy, ohiovalleyalliance@gmail.com, appears to be out of service. Apparently, they have a Facebook page but I don't do Facebook.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2018 at 7:45pm
This is on their Facebook page ->  ohiovalleyjeepalliance@gmail.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2018 at 8:09pm
Thx. I just dropped them a note.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2018 at 5:27am
I have about 270 acres in southwestern PA.  We have a number of trails there.  Our local Jeep club, Heritage Region Jeep Alliance (HRJA) runs these trails 3 or 4 times a year.  There are several areas to camp and a large field for trailer parking.  The trails are classic eastern woods trails, there is mud if it rains, but no mud holes. 
 The down sides are distance and a lack of local infrastructure.   Cameron, WV is the closest town.  We are probably 30 - 45 minutes south of Wheeling, WV - Bellaire, OH 
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
1948willysjeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948willysjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2018 at 1:05am
Wellsville is always open. Just show up. But it is tough. I would not wanna take a bunch of stock cj2a's in there.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2018 at 1:10am
Originally posted by 1948willysjeeper 1948willysjeeper wrote:

Wellsville is always open. Just show up. But it is tough. I would not wanna take a bunch of stock cj2a's in there.
Man, I have been trying like crazy to get information about Wellsville but got nowhere. So, No rules, no nothing? Just show up and wheel?

If, so, I say the serious show up Thursday to wheel Wellsville and then we find something easier and closer for the stockers on Friday evening during the cruise.

Edited by jpet - 08 Apr. 2018 at 1:12am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2018 at 1:34am
jpet,

This is probably a to far way from your event, but there is a new off-road trail in Western Maryland called St. John's Rock.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/ORV/home.aspx

Dave
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2018 at 4:27am
We used to wheel Wellsville pretty consistently. There are some pretty cool trails and I think there some areas that even stock flat fenders would be OK. The problems with Wellsville are lots of people with quads, dirt bikes and a lot of alcohol. Some days sorta looked like a scene from Mad Max. The real problem is it's technically illegal and every once in a while they crack down. Our club hasn't done an official ride there for several years for that reason
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 1:14am
Ok, so I just talked to a buddy of mine who regularly wheels at Wellsville. He says "Don't listen to the bulls@#t, I've never had a problem there." He also said he could lead a group around if the date works out for him.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 2:22am
Wellsville is an hour and a half away. If Bob and Ron are good with it, I think we should plan to wheel there on Thursday the 17th. Anyone who wants to come early can wheel.   Friday we will have a cruise in Aurora. If we can find someone within 2A driving distance who has some mild off-roading we can do that too while the ready do the cruise.

Bob? Ron?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 2:48am
Sounds good to me.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 4:33am
Sounds good to me also.   

It might be early to decide on detailed plans,  but any thought on what time we might want to meet on the morning of 17th?    It would be a 3.5 hour drive for me,  so if maybe 10:00am or so,  I could probably drive up that morning.   If everyone would like to start earlier,  then I would plan to come up the night before.

Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 10:57am
I'm in.
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 11:39am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

If, so, I say the serious show up Thursday to wheel Wellsville and then we find something easier and closer for the stockers on Friday evening during the cruise.

I must have missed something- what is Friday night? I don't see anything on the website, but its entirely possible I'm being an ignorant male. I wasn't going to bring my 2A, but maybe I need to reconsider.

Thanks,
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I must have missed something- what is Friday night? I don't see anything on the website, but its entirely possible I'm being an ignorant male. I wasn't going to bring my 2A, but maybe I need to reconsider.

Thanks,
Last year, after supper, we had a cruise around town.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 11:50am
Ok then. Sounds like Wellsville on Thursday is the ticket. I would check into my hotel in Aurora on Wednesday night and drive to Wellsville Thursday morning. I can haul two jeeps so if anyone needs a ride, I can accommodate one. I also have an empty seat if anyone wants to ride shot gun in BAM BAM. If anyone travels up Thursday, and gets there late, we can just wheel till you get there and then meet you at the entrance. A head count might be a good idea.

Bob W.
JeepFever
bobevans
jpet .......
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>