Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 18 May 2018 - 19 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2018 at 1:46pm
Let me look into a nice mild trail for friday. I have a guy who may have some land we can be on.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2018 at 4:25am
I should see my "Wellsville guy" at a trail clearing this weekend at my place or certainly next weekend at our club ride at the  Greenbrier.  If we are still interested hopefully we get either a commitment to show us around or at least some good details about what and where.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2018 at 5:05am
Ohio, Indiana, whatever....
We who have grown up here in central Indiana think of ourselves as "Midwesterners" and I don't know why Ohio would not also be. You're not "Nor-Easters" or "Southerners". But then I watch the news/local weather reports and find that I'm in the "Ohio Valley" and the midwest is somewhere out there near the plains. I guess I've always heard it as the "MIDWEST Spring Willys Reunion" and it's set in the gray matter so that's how it is.

Never made it to one held in Ill. but someone probably said it was "to far west."
Maybe some of us over here in "Land Of The Indian" can find another  "central" location for you. I figured that between Bob3B and JPET they liked having them near their homes so they could do all the work, commute easier.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

I should see my "Wellsville guy" at a trail clearing this weekend at my place or certainly next weekend at our club ride at the  Greenbrier.  If we are still interested hopefully we get either a commitment to show us around or at least some good details about what and where.
Hey Bob, What did your "Wellsville guy" say?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:29am
So, the Bertram is THE place to stay, right? I'm gonna try to make this though, JEEPless again. I don't have a trailer or a vehicle I'm confident in for towing just yet. 

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:19am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

My Wellsville contact said that there are good places to run even stock flatfenders. He also said he has never had a problem there. He offered to show me around the place, but he will not be available that Thursday. I am Jeepin' this weekend with him around The Greenbrier, so maybe we can nail down some more details.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2018 at 5:42pm
Just registered for event and hotel room . .   getting close!!
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 3:46am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

The Wellsville saga continues. Apparently the property at the main entrance has been sold and "No Trespassing" signs have been erected. There is another entrance through a sportsman's club, entering through the "Forbidden Zone". There will be a $10 per vehicle charge and trailer parking is available. I actually kinda like that, it adds an air of legitimacy to the whole thing if someone is collecting an entrance fee. I will try and check it out soon.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

1948willysjeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948willysjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 10:20pm
Wellsville is a big mud hole in the Spring. It's very difficult to navigate stock vehicles thru it. Be careful guys. 
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 2:12pm
Yes, the Bertram is the place to stay. If not the Aurora Inn is the second best location.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
mbjeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbjeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:48am
Never been to the Reunion before, but I'd like to attend this year.
Also would like to go to Wellsville on Thursday.
Couple of questions;
What is the schedule for the weekend?
I was thinking I'd just trailer up my MB on Saturday morning, but if there is something going on Friday, I might just come up then and stay, or maybe even stay Thursday after the trip to Wellsville and Friday nights.
Also, do the vehicles have to be registered (legal for the road)?  My MB and the M38 HotRod are, but I have a '48 truck that is not.  Is there a need to leave the hotel grounds?
Thanks,
Greg Burke

Various WW2
M38 Hot Rod
CJ5s, DJ5, XJ
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:16am
Things will be winding down by Saturday....I would plan on spending Thursday night so you will be there all day Friday and Saturday if your schedule allows.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:26pm
Your second part of the question is no there is no need to leave the Hotel Grounds if you do not wish to.

Mine has not been registered for a few years.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:48pm
Hi Greg,

The unofficial generic schedule is:

Thursday: Wellsville. Bob W and I are going to be at the Bertram Inn Wednesday night. We will leave early Thursday morning and head to Wellsville. You can caravan with us or meet us at Wellsville Thursday morning. This is not actually part of the reunion, just some guys who are going to the reunion and are meeting up early to do some wheeling. We are trailering our rigs to Wellsville as it is 1-1/2 hrs away from Aurora going hiway speed. I have never been to Wellsville, so I have no idea what to expect. bobevans has boots on the ground so follow this thread for updates. These plans can change at any time or even be cancelled because Wellsville is not an "official" off-road park.

Some of the guests and vendors will arrive at the Bertram on Thursday so that they can set up and be ready to go on Friday morning.

Friday: Registration will start in the morning sometime ,.... maybe 10ish? ... That does not stop you from bringing you jeep in and parking it on the lot. You can register any time during the day till maybe 4 or 5 pm. not sure on that. Most participants will arrive throughout the day Friday. By Friday evening, most of the participants will be there. During the day, we will be visiting, and displaying the jeeps. Vendors will be selling, there may be a tech talk. Friday evening we plan to have a cruise and food at a nearby park. I'm not sure of the details. I'll let Bob3b comment on that. Friday night most of the friends congregate on the parking lot and visit till we are exhausted. It's a lot of fun and for me, makes the event a "reunion"

Saturday: The day will go similar to Friday. Lots of people, lots of jeeps, lots of vendors. There are going to be some tech talks and the engine rebuild. Sometime around 10:30 we will take a group photo. If you want to be in the photo, please be on the parking lot from 10:30-11:00 and be listen for me to announce it. Saturday night is the banquet. The actual banquet starts at 6:00 but the group gets together to socialize early. I think maybe 5? The meal is at 6:00 and the program starts at 7:00. The details can be found on this website:

http://www.willysreunion.com/swr18.htm

You do not have to register to participate. Anyone who is a first timer and wants to check it out, just show up and see what's up. If you want to display your jeep, we would appreciate it if you would register. You can register at the event but it is easier on us if you pre-register on the website. This way we can personalize your goodie bag and be better prepared for your arrival. If you want to go to the banquet on Saturday, I highly recommend that you pre-register as soon as possible. There may or may not be tickets available on Friday or Saturday.

The Willys Reunion is a non-profit group of volunteers who's purpose is not to just grow the Willys community, but to make a family out of it that keeps coming back year after year for the family reunion. The money you spend goes back into the event to make it better each year. We greatly appreciate the sponsors, vendors, tech presentations, speakers, ... basically everyone who gives of themselves to make the reunion so much fun each year.

Edited by jpet - 03 May 2018 at 1:52pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:21pm
Bob3B,  Jpet,  (or anyone) ->  if there is anything I can do to help,  let me know.

I will be at Wellsville,   hopefully with running '2A, Smile  but maybe looking for a passenger seat.

Spending Thursday and Friday nights at Bertram,   so can help anytime then.

-Ron
William_cj3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William_cj3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 3:15am
I'm registered and have my room reserved.  Now I need to get the 3B ready  to make the 1000 mile drive (brakes and bellcrank).

I'm contemplating Wellsville, but not sure what to do with the T3C when I get there.  I don't want to try and take it wheeling unless it's just riding some slightly adventurous backroads.  Not sure I want to push the jeep too hard anyway since it will be my ride home as well.
William in L.A. (NW FL)
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 1:57pm
Just made my ReservationsBig smile

Also learned The Bertram joined the Wyndham Rewards GroupThumbs Up
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 4:35am
Well it looks like Wellsville isn't going to happen. I was going to go down and pre-run with my friend, but he called and said the whole place is closed up with cables and signs all over.
If we are out of other options and still looking for some where to wheel, I have several miles of Jeep trails on our "farm". I host our Pittsburgh area Jeep club a couple of times a year. The trails are classic Eastern woods trails with tight trees, stream crossings, short hill climbs. There are a couple of tricky obstacles, but we have by-passes for the tough stuff. If this were a Jeep Jamboree, it would probably be a 4 rated outing. There is a nice, flat 4 or 5 acre field for trailer parking.
The big down side is it is 3 1/2 hours from Aurora as opposed to a little under 2 hours to get to Wellsville. Probably the easiest way to get there is to go right past Wellsville and stay on Ohio 7 to Wheeling, WV and jump on WV250 to Cameron, WV. The farm is about 15 minutes from Cameron. For mbjeeper, it would be right in his back yard.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>