Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 CJ2A Restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bocephus0697 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 CJ2A Restoration
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:10pm
I am just beginning the restoration process, so now seems like a good time to start this topic to chronical my journey. 

This jeep was bought by my grandfather in the 1950's. It served as a ranch jeep most of the time, but occasionally made it up in the Big Horn Mountains to do some deer/elk hunting. My grandfather parked it for the last time in 1975 in his barn. That's where it sat until May of 2014 when my dad and i went to haul it to my house after he passed away. It's been sitting for the better part of 4 years waiting for me to get a shop big enough to work on it. That time has come!

The body, frame, powertrain are all in exceptional quality. All serial numbers seem to indicate that they match (at least as much as these jeeps had matching numbers). All parts seem to be original. It still operates on 6V.  Front windshield looks great. Everything about this Jeep is screaming full restoration. Ground up, all original. I'll need to lean a bit on the members of this forum and take my time, but my goal at the end of the day is for this Jeep to look like it did in the showroom 71 years ago. 

Here are some pictures of my beginning. Please comment any advise below. If you want/need a different angle, please let me know. I'll post it as a reply. Also, if you have done an original restoration like the one I'm describing, please PM me. I've got a lot of questions to ask.

Enjoy!  

Dan
lllllll

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:20pm
Looks in great shape. Your helper has a look on his face that says this is his Jeep!
bocephus0697 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bocephus0697 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Looks in great shape. Your helper has a look on his face that says this is his Jeep!

haha. Not if he doesn't do a better job keeping his room clean! Actually, I have 3 helpers, all boys 13,11 and 8. Having them help me restore their great-grampa's Jeep is the best part of this adventure.
 Post Reply Post Reply