Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easter Jeep Safari 2018 - Event Date: 24 Mar. 2018 - 01 Apr. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Shocked   Oh no . .  was that today? 

That happened last year at EJS:

Easter Jeep Safari 2017 (page 2)
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

That’s how Jeff started the week LAST year. His recovery was amazing and we had an awesome week in Moab. At the end of it, he went home with a new truck.

Check out page two of last year’s thread.

Shows how out of the loop (from 2Apage) I was last year . .  did not know about this.    What a rotten way to start,   but looks like everything turned out ok.
Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 11:59pm
Pritchett Canyon is a very challenging trail, especially these days with a short wheelbase and small tires. There are no bypasses really other than Rocker Knocker...which is still pretty dang difficult. Even the easy lines are hard lines on everything else. 

It took me more than a few trips up it over the last few years to be able to drive the entire thing without having to winch. Even if you CAN drive up some stuff without a winch, I would suggest using one on the BIG stuff for some added safety because of the exposure on a few of the big climbs till you get use to things. 

This is what Chewy Hill feels like in a flatty....it's big. 

Rocker Knocker is tough in a short wheelbase. There is a difficult, but possible, bypass. 

Axle hill is really difficult in a short wheelbase. I came up with a way to 'cheat' a little by driving across the lower ledge from the left. Then I do a few rear digs in low range with the rear locker on. That scoots the rear axle back downhill to line up for the upper part. 

Rock Pile isn't too bad as long as there are some rocks stacked up. 

Yellow hill isn't too bad on the left side, but it is a LONG hill and you better have everything running right. 

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2018 at 4:21am
Hey Brian, is that Sue driving at 43 seconds in your video?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2018 at 2:13pm

Well Brian,

That video made me more nervous to try Pritchett than any of the other dozen I have watched.

Nice job on the video and the run.

Stan , you need a cage on GJ. A roll bar won't cut it. Pretty high pay grade on that trail. Cool place to hike, but wow, drive a Jeep??????? Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 3:21am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Hey Brian, is that Sue driving at 43 seconds in your video?

Yes it is!  Molly and Maddy were riding in the back and my wife Stacy did the filming that day. 

Edited by Bridog - 12 Feb. 2018 at 3:31am
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2018 at 4:30pm
I was just reading my Jeep Safari Magazine and spotted “Blueberry” on page 36:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2018 at 5:29am
Stickers are in for the FFFFR! 

Not to far off now! 

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2018 at 11:51am
Gr8 job!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

baja 4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baja 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2018 at 1:16pm
Only two weeks to go. 
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Well Brian,

That video made me more nervous to try Pritchett than any of the other dozen I have watched.

Stan , you need a cage on GJ. A roll bar won't cut it. Pretty high pay grade on that trail. Cool place to hike, but wow, drive a Jeep??????? Oilly

Its obviously do-able in the right equip but ya there are limits.  I worry sometimes.  It only take once my friend.Ermm
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2018 at 3:32am

Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Its obviously do-able in the right equip but ya there are limits.  I worry sometimes.  It only take once my friend.Ermm

Well, you two, along with every third person that comments on my YouTube videos, and some gentle encouragement from Jeff  and Brian (bridog), I’m going to bolt in a roll bar, at least for any assaults we make on Pritchett Canyon. I don’t really plan on running a roll bar all the time, but I’m lazy enough that once it’s on there it might stay.

Brian has been kind enough to fab up this bar for me and will be bringing it out to Moab for EJS in a couple of weeks.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2018 at 5:14am
Looks good!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2018 at 10:50am
I like it! Thumbs Up
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2018 at 12:38pm
Clap Thanks to Brian! , and now the next item-----------seat belts? i've been on you tube watching ATV and JK roll overs while Jeeping the same places you have already been. Being ejected looks quite easy. I'm talking a lap belt that holds you in, but lets you move out of the way also. The hoods and windshields without a front hoop usually are destroyed. The poor guys that nose over really get it. Then the dogs, cats, and coolers fly out also. Watching these gives you a good idea what happens. Just say'in cause I want to see you two at many more meets. I know a roll bar doesn't look cool, but in the difficult stuff you guys run, it's just equipment. You also would qualify to run in areas that require it, so not all bad. Thumbs Up Hey-----------KC lights next????LOL  Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2018 at 11:24pm
Brian was nice enough to test fit the roll bar on Rojo. It looks pretty good. I guess I should find some seatbelts.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Well Brian,

Thumbs Up This is a big step in he right direction.. we darn near lost ya June of  last year.. stick around Stan, we enjoy your company..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2018 at 3:16pm
Very nice, I have always worried about you on the more difficult climbs.
Dennis
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2018 at 7:40pm
Hey flat fender guys that are attending Easter Jeep Safari.

Please consider making a donation to the Potato Salad Hill Cleanup Fund sponsered by RME4x4.com

This is a great way to participate in helping to keep the Moab trails cleaned up and open.

For those of you that haven't been to Moab, Potato Salad Hill is not really a trail, but a giant obstacle very close to town that attracts big crowds, both as obstacle assaulters and people that just come to watch the carnage. RME4x4.com pays for dumpsters and porta-potties to help keep the place clean. 

Here's a link to their page where you can donate.

Here's a video of me and Grampa's Jeep having a go at it on an off weekend so the crowd was small. This place is packed during EJS.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>