Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Nother Diesel Build Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Nother Diesel Build Thread
    Posted: 14 Feb. 2022 at 9:08pm
Also started on a turbo kit from Greg Margison. This is almost too pretty to put in my Jeep. It’s stamped “Made in Canada”, so I kept humming “Oh Canada “ all afternoon. 
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2022 at 9:04pm
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2022 at 9:01pm
Progress is being made, albeit painfully slowly. Wiring is back together and my hybrid military composite lens over eBay LED taillight is in
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2021 at 12:02pm
Hey Jay, Not much to update right now.  I set the body back on after painting the underside, but then my JK's steering took a dump and I've been putting a PSC ram assisted steering in that!  And then  a new-to-me motorhome showed in the driveway.....  Maybe late spring??
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2021 at 10:32pm
Any updates?
Jay
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 7:50pm
The frame and running gear in the foreground and my "paint booth" behind the plastic sheet.

'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 7:45pm
Got the tub pulled back off and started to clean up the underside.  I completely replaced the floor boards and hat channel under the seats.  The bed wasn't as bad and only needed some repair to the hat channels.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 7:22pm
Guess I should update again!  I have been chipping away at Reefer Madness slowly but surely.  I did get it running in late October and the x-case outputs spun well through all the gears and ranges.  My original plan was to drive it around some and make sure I didn't need to make any major changes, but I am running out of juice.  I can't keep adding things knowing I'm going to have to take them all back apart to paint.  I don't seem to be able to post a video, so you will please take my word.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 3:57am
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

Not fast enough!  Working on tying the roll bar to the frame now.  I spend a lot of time just staring at things lately!  Eventually, it just "come to me" how to fab it together.

It is amazing sometimes how much time we can spend just staring at things.  . . .  glad to hear that it came to you. LOL
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2020 at 3:46am
Not fast enough!  Working on tying the roll bar to the frame now.  I spend a lot of time just staring at things lately!  Eventually, it just "come to me" how to fab it together.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 3:56pm
I haven’t check in on this one in awhile! Looks like you’re making good progress! 
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 2:02pm
Wow.  Great work!  
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:53am
Two weeks is a little enthusiastic!  I'm hoping next year, maybe the Rubicon trip if I get the bugs worked out.  Two weeks will be the old grey 2A/3A
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 5:22am
Not sure why,  but wiring is one of my least favorite aspects of a build.      That looks like torture.  LOL    Seriously though,  I bet a kit like that helps.   Hope you are having fun.

Will it be ready to drive in 2 weeks?   Tongue   Looking forward to wheeling with you.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:02am
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:01am
Wiring!  Got the 21 circuit harness from EZ Wiring of Florida.  Looks pretty good.  PLENTY of wire length for my little flatfender.

'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2020 at 11:05pm
Thanks-and I am very hopeful.  My worry is that the Sunbird probably used a Serpentine belt and I'm not sure which direction it spun.  Again the directions supplied with pump were very generic and not specifically for this pump.  I hope the Sunbird spun clockwise!

'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

....  As was adding fluid, I glanced at the very brief install instructions.  It suggested that you gently spin the engine by hand to to spin the pump - usually clockwise!  Oh Snap, is this thing gonna spin the right direction?? ....

Yep.  As long as you aren't running on the outside of a belt everything will be turning the same direction, even with the 2 belt setup
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>