Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Great Willys Picnic, Show & Swap June 10, 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Willys Picnic, Show & Swap June 10, 2018 - Event Date: 10 June 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 11:55am
I'm in!, lol... drizzly right now, and I have a roll of contractor grade 40 gallon dark green rain coats in the Taco, lol.
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 8:17pm
Well.....after 5 years in a row with sun, it rained.

Thanks everyone who came out in spite of it!!! Clap  We had a good time, great deals to be had, Lots of good vising with really neat Willys!

Next Year will be the 20th anniversary of the Great Willys Picnic!!!!!! Lets make it the biggest and best ever!

Edited by windyhill - 10 June 2018 at 8:23pm
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by windyhill windyhill wrote:

Well.....it rained.

Thanks everyone who came out in spite of the rain!!! Clap 

You guys put so much into putting it together, couldn't see a little wet getting in the way Cool
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 12:09am
Excellent day! Good thing a lot of people "couldn't see a little wet getting in the way".
Elroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 12:47am
I had a great time, now I just have start matching the jeeps with the screen names. The last GWP I was at was I think the first. It was great to see the group collectively tell the weather to pound sand!!!!!. Oh yea and winning the 50/50 wasn't bad. If anybody from the Lancaster group I would love get together sometime.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 1:05am
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 1:12am
Any way to see those pics without the curse of #*!!!%@ facebook? 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
greenlakesgary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlakesgary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 2:21am
Drove down from North of Syracuse in clear blue sky and returned to the same, but still had an excellent time [whats a little rain?] and sold a bunch of parts too! Nice meeting all the great people and thanks to Aaron and his crew for the chair under the tent and the sandwich! Hope everyone had safe travels home and already looking forward to next year!
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 3:39am
Clap
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 1:38pm
Well me and the boys made it from CT.... We got to meet Mike and his super nice Wife and check out under his Willys hood! Great work Sir.... We had a really fun trip... I had three items on my shopping list and found one and half! It was well worth the trip! On the way home we even got to stop for some 60mm mortars at the fireworks outlet TongueLOL 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 2:43pm
Agreed on the 20th. I gave NO sh*ts about the rain. Had a great time 3rd year in a row and found my Monarch Gov for ole Rustie! I’m sorry I brought my buddy Doug again..... that man has the craziest luck. He won that winch despite me and my other friend both getting 20 bucks worth, Doug had the ticket between us and WON! Thinking it’s time I unfriend him. Lol

Edited by Doodledad - 11 June 2018 at 2:47pm
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 2:45pm
No prob Gary Good times! Next year we will have a larger tent and possibly a grill! Hells ya!
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Well me and the boys made it from CT.... We got to meet Mike and his super nice Wife and check out under his Willys hood! Great work Sir.... We had a really fun trip... I had three items on my shopping list and found one and half! It was well worth the trip! On the way home we even got to stop for some 60mm mortars at the fireworks outlet TongueLOL 

Nice to put a face to ya, lol, pleasure to meet Glen and your indians Wink.  Nice you found some bits LOL. Yes it rained, yes the numbers were down a touch from the past couple... still had a great time Thumbs Up.  (and thank you for the kind words)  

Hol is a great sport, and loves the jeep thang... but she also has ulterior motives Smile

(I offer what follows as an example of what it "costs" me to attend, lol..., and it's just observational.  The picnic is the purpose and the focus of the trip, but we take a little extra time to explore the area before and after-  if that's not your thing, you can bail here...)

Drove down saturday, two extra hours on I-78W Confused... took the 2A out for dinner in Mcungie.  You guys want an extra treat, have dinner that saturday night at the buckeye grille in Mcungie...eat on the patio.  That saturday night is cruise night at Memorial park up the street.  You'll enjoy decent pub grub and then some with a constant stream of old iron, old muscle, mods of every shape and size passing by as they make the turn.  Willy'd back to the B&B and walked over to the park for a stroll through yesteryear.

Sunday trailered over to the picnic.  The rain really held off well until after noontime, I thought.  Picked up some parts, saw some great Willys...some familiar, some "new".  Put some faces to names, met some folks from back in MA that had driven down that morning, lol...about 1:30p we left the Willys, dropped the trailer and bob tailed down the road for lunch at the Wanamaker General Store.  It's a decent take for fantastic sandwiches, the balance of it too phoofy for me but right up Hol's alley.  Back to the Picnic...load em up and back to the B&B for dry clothes.

We rode back towards Kempton early evening for dinner at the Folino estate winery in Kutztown.  Definitely pricey for my middle class bones, but well worth it for a once in a while treat.  We did a little wine tasting tableside (which is wasted on me cuz I drink cab sauv with the rarest piece of beef/venison/duck/etc I can find- always), calamari, I had a prosciutto wrapped fillet... Hol had the Norwegian salmon...coffee and desert... I'm going to type the next sentence on a line by itself for effect...

Best meal we've had in ten years.  Period.  And that includes some pretty snooty places in Boston that continue to un-impress...  .02

Got up this morning, coffee and a light breakfast then on the road...  back in casa mbullism about two hours ago...

The picnic 2019 is already penciled in..twenty years... my only regret is waiting so long to come back to old jeeps Embarrassed

Edited by mbullism - 11 June 2018 at 10:58pm
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 1:21am
Once again "The Great WILLYS Picnic" was a super day to mingle with WILLYS & WILLYS folks. I had a great time at the Windy Hill Pre-Picnic gathering too! Thanks again to Seth K. and Bob W. & their family's for the fantastic effort they all put forth to make this a memorable event and great success every year.
I look forward to next year's "Great WILLYS Picnic" 20th year celebration and hope some of the folks that were unable to attend this year will put it on the calendar for 2019.   
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 1:37am
I can't thank Seth and his family and friends enough for everything they do each year. A spectacular event, as usual. Also Walck's, JB and Quadratec for the door prizes and stuff. The Railroad also allows us to use their field so we really appreciate everyone who takes a train ride to support them. And thanks to everyone who shows up, rain or shine. Not a bad showing, close to 40 vehicles. As mentioned the rain really wasn't that bad until the afternoon. See you next year.
Mhovey46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhovey46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:47am

A little rain couldn't stop this show from being nothing less than awesome! I had a great time talking to fellow page members/enthusiasts and admiring some very nice jeeps. I cant think of a more knowledgeable, friendly group of people coming together like this anywhere else. 

Thanks again to Seth and his family for the warm welcome to Pennsylvania as well as Bob W. and his family. The picnic would not be so "Great" if it wasn't for all of your hard work and dedicationClap  
See you at the 20th anniversary next year!   
-Matt

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Nice to put a face to ya, lol, pleasure to meet Glen and your indians Wink.  Nice you found some bits LOL. Yes it rained, yes the numbers were down a touch from the past couple... still had a great time Thumbs Up.  (and thank you for the kind words) 

Yes it was pleasure to meet you and it was awesome to see peoples Jeeps in real life!! I wish I took more pictures...

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 3:34am
Thanks for the kind words everyone and for coming! it's not a show unless people come and bring there Jeeps and they sure did even in the rain!  
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>