Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else have these kind of dreams?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else have these kind of dreams?
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 3:12pm
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 3:18pm
Yes. During the 18 years I operated a driveline shop, I used to disassemble and reassemble truck transmissions in my dreams. I don't do transmissions much anymore; the last thing I mechaniced (is that a word?) on in my dreams was a Ross box but that has been several months ago.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 3:19pm
Only when I was rebuilding VW's in the late 70's & early 80's.  Jeep's not so much.  I do not feel so alone when working on a project, there is more support when working on a Jeep. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

That is how I think as I am trying to go to sleep...I do this dance almost every-night...I have been seeing a homeopathy doctor who is trying to get it under control again....my wife says calls me 'the squirrel".... I think she is right...
I am the squirrel....
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 3:54am
A friend of mine moved from Illinois to Colorado and he says that for many months, he dreamed he drove back to IL and worked a full day and drove back to CO.  He did that every night and worked a full day here too.  I guess he was always beat until the dreams finally stopped.  Dead 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 6:57am
YES! I used to dream that dream quite a bit in my younger days. These days, it is aircraft maintenance manuals.

I gotta tell you, I LOVE that manual! Chapter 15 is well read in all three of mine. In the mid 70s to the late 90s I rebuilt over 100 of those engines. John Muir, along with Muldoon, are/were a few of my heros.

Just looking at the frontispiece makes me grin!

Thanks, for the grin, Cpt Logger.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 11:06am
I have similar dreams, but more detailed....
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 12:45pm
Nope no overhead valves in any of my dreams LOL
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
 Post Reply Post Reply