Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MB/CJ-2A "tribute" Jeep SOLD! THANKS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MB/CJ-2A "tribute" Jeep SOLD! THANKS!
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:45pm

Hello all!

I’m giving the CJ-2A Page members first crack at this nice MB/CJ-2A “tribute” jeep. I located it in CT in 2016 and my cousin restored it over six months and finished it in March of 2017. He’s pretty meticulous, and as you can see, he did a fantastic job. And it runs and drives very well.

The jeep has a 1948 CJ-2A frame, Engine and transmission with an original 1945 MB metal body, hood and grill. The previous owner had a ’48 2A, but the body was junk. His brother had a decent MB body so he put the two together and made a really nice, fun jeep. Worst thing about it was that he Rhino lined the entire passenger area!

My cousin spent about 40, very slow hours, hand scrapping that liner out of the inside. It is really looking great now!

The jeep is as follows: Five new combat rims and tires, replaced 2A hood with an original MB hood, original MB top bows (no canvas), MB seats and cushions, blackout light, pioneer tools, MB rear seat, body hand grabs and a great paint job.

As can be seen, it does retain the CJ-2A windshield and the non-military rear lights.

The jeep is in Raleigh, NC with my cousin, so please don’t think I have it in CT! 😊 My cousin is not that computer savvy, so I told him I’d post it for sale.

PM me if interested and I can get you in contact with my cousin. This is all on the “up and up”, as I am no stranger to the 2A Page. BTW, he discovered that he likes restoring vehicles more than driving them and that’s why he decided to sell it!

He is asking $13,500.00 and it is negotiable.

Love to know what you think too as this was his first vehicle restoration! 😊

Jerry

March 2017

August 2016 when found.

Rhino Lined inside! Confused

Edited by Jerry45 - 11 June 2018 at 1:01am
1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:58pm
Good looking MB clone! 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Merch2USMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merch2USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 12:28am
Hello Brand new to the forum - I am very interested in purchasing this jeep! please PM Me.
Merch2USMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merch2USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 8:32pm
Jerry - thanks for posting this ad. I did buy the jeep from your cousin. This Jeep is in amazing condition, and I am very happy with my purchase. Your cousin should do this full time.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Merch2USMC Merch2USMC wrote:

Jerry - thanks for posting this ad. I did buy the jeep from your cousin. This Jeep is in amazing condition, and I am very happy with my purchase. Your cousin should do this full time.

Congratulations on your new Jeep!
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 3:40am
Thanks Jeff!
I talked with him today and though it was hard for him to see it go, he knows it's in good hands!
He is so meticulous when he gets into a project that I keep telling him he should do more!
I hope you get lots of "smiles per mile" out of it!
Enjoy it and please keep all of us here on the CJ-2A Page updated on your new toy!
Jerry
1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
 Post Reply Post Reply