Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to get a Jeep transported

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to get a Jeep transported
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:23pm
We recently purchased a 1950 Willys Jeep and we are looking at getting it transported from Albuquerque New Mexico to my place in Mechanicville New York. It will run up on the trailer but only when gas is fed into the carb, if anybody knows of anyone who could ship this vehicle please shoot me a PM or reply here or my direct email is bmcmlc@aol.com. 

If this is in the wrong section on here please moderator feel free to move it to where it should be.

Thanks in advance. 
MikeC
I am the squirrel....
tufcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:50am
I've used a few vehicle transport companies.  Don't go with the lowest price, but negotiate. If you're not in a hurry they can schedule the pickup along with other runs.  They may take 10 -15 days, but cost you $1,200.  A dedicated carrier will charge $3k easy.
Plenty of resources online if you do car transport or car carrier search.  Don't let them up-sell you on things like covered, or top/bottom location on the carrier, expedited delivery and such.  Just tell them you want the car from A to B for a fair price.  Nothing fancy and no rush.

Get at least 3 quotes and watch for bogus fees prior to signing.  If they're $300 less than everyone else, they'll have a magical $400 car loading fee or some other bs that you apparently agreed to when because you responded online.  Always call them, or check the online form to make sure there's not reference or surcharge.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 1:30pm
My CJ2a buyer used Snowman Transport to move my 2A to upstate NY, he is the only transport company he uses for early jeep transport, he moves a lot of old jeeps and knows the ins and outs about windshields, seat etc.
http://www.snowmantransport.com

Edited by jeeper50 - 30 May 2018 at 1:32pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

greenlakesgary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlakesgary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 3:26pm
I've used Yesterdaystractors.com they have a hauling schedule bulletin board on their site [home page upper left corner under "community". I've had engines hauled and vehicles up to 1 1/2 ton truck shipped. I've posted on there and the quotes start coming in... I've used montway once before and they sub contracted to another outfit and it was rag tag at best. Had I known that vehicle was being hauled cross country like that I wouldn't of slept very well!!! Good Luck! 
quickship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2023 at 7:56pm
If you are really serious to transport a jeep without any hesitation, click the link and be rrelaxed: car transport company
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2023 at 9:17pm
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2023 at 9:46pm
You could look for a storage lot and wait until warmer weather to go get it. Several years ago I borrowed a son's Silverado and rented a trailer from U-Haul (they wouldn't rent me a trailer for my then 4 cylinder Tacoma). Drove from WV to Albuquerque in early March to pick it up. Decent trip and saved some money. For more recent shipping, just had a car shipped to WV from Chicago in a covered trailer. $700. Pretty short trip but by the time the driver delivered two other cars that blocked mine in it took a week.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 8:28am
  Are you guys aware that you’re responding to a 4-1/2 year old thread that was awakened by an advertisement?
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 8:49am
No, didn't notice that. Just thought I'd pass along helpful info. Thanks for the heads up.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 9:44am
I agree that on first read the poster was, like Bruce said, basically an advertisement....joining with that first post.

But to Joe's point....helpful info (regardless of when it is posted) is timeless.

I've never understood the complaint "you know this is an old post" (this comes up on forums a lot)......if the answer is relevant then it's relevant, regardless of timeframe. IMO

Edited by rocnroll - 25 Jan. 2023 at 9:48am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 10:04am
  “But to Joe's point....helpful info (regardless of when it is posted) is timeless.”

Yep. My point was more pointed at the posting of an advertisement. 
BW 

Edited by Bruce W - 25 Jan. 2023 at 10:05am

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 11:23am
Yes, I agree Bruce.....may be legit, maybe just 'getting his name in the pot'.

To use one of these services I would go in naturally Leary (if for no other reason than you're just turning your stuff over to a stranger).....not saying that feeling is right or wrong just that that's how I would feel.

I would definately have to use someone that through word of mouth of a 'successful transaction' or through knowing the person beforehand.

Regardless, Bruce, that wasn't a slam in your direction.

Same reason I don't respond to a Seller that just joined.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 11:27am
shouldn't "quickship" be removed?
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 11:40am
I would say no.....he hasn't proven to be shifty in any way....yet....his answer, I feel, is in line with the post topic.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 12:56pm
  His username and real name are the same as the name of the company he’s promoting, in the only post he’s ever made. He’s not a member helping other members, hes a company advertising his service. 
BW 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 1:33pm
I guess I see the post as 'no harm', 'no foul' ......right now.

If someone uses him (not likely now) and he IS legit and they give good feedback then there you are, someone else to add to the 'good guys' column.

And if nobody uses him what happens?......he goes away and he shows no interest and he forever shows up as one post.

The moderators will take care of it regardless of what I say.....it was just an answer to the question, "should he be removed".  I have no dogs in the race, just stating,  I see no harm......at the moment.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 2:29pm
What bugs me is when someone revives a very old post by responding to it as if it is current, and I read half way through it before I notice the date.

Sometimes reviving an old post might be relevant such as when someone needs help with a similar issue as described in the old post, but even then I think it would be better to say "I see a similar issue discussed in this thread" and just provide a link so old guys like me don't try to help someone who hasn't been on the Forum in years.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 5:22pm
"click the link and be rrelaxed" is a red flag.Angry
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>