Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your jeep today? - June 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your jeep today? - June 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by 64CJ5 64CJ5 wrote:

This '52 came to me with out an engine and every bolted on military piece missing.  

That's cool Tom, will we see Popeye @ BHR?? Muley..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 4:43pm
Planning on it.  Dan and I took "Popeye" to the camp site yesterday.  Really green up in the Hills.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2018 at 3:35am
Originally posted by 64CJ5 64CJ5 wrote:

This '52 came to me with out an engine and every bolted on military piece missing.  

"Severely demilitarized" for sure!  Wink
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 12:10am
Set the timing and idle on the little Jeep after replacing the weights and putting 2(not 1 totally stretched) springs on. The Jeep runs substantially better now. 
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 1:37am
Bringing back the last “best Jeep ever....no foolin honey.” from Idaho. Right now I’m dodging storms around Gillette, Wyoming. Fingers crossed.
RWILLYS (Space R)
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 1:39am
That Wagon is Awesome!!!
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 2:35am

When I got her back in October, the block was full of sediment and a freeze plug was rusted out. I flushed the block with a hose and replaced the plug. I ran cleaner through it and flushed the radiator multiple times. I thought it was pretty well cleaned out. A couple weeks ago, I noticed my antifreeze was a rusty brown mud. I drove and flushed everything out again multiple times until I got it running clear. Last week, I filled it with vinegar and put 80 miles on her. Today, I dumped the vinegar and flushed it with water. It left a greyish residue in the street. I filled her back up with antifreeze. Hopefully that takes care of it.

After about a month of soaking the steering wheel nut with acetone/ATF, I took the neighbors impact wrench and finally got it off. I had a full horn rebuild kit. After cleaning up the upper contact and using the new lower contact, I got it to ground. I installed a NOS 12v horn and NOS bracket. I now have a horn! One more thing checked off the list.

Micah

1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 5:31am
So after a fun 62 hour week of paving and other fun crap at work I got off a little early today and ran home and got a light coat of sealer on the underside of the hood and all surfaces on the Fenders. I would have liked to put a little more on the Fenders. But I used up the last of my first gallon of Epoxy Sealer. So maybe having to stretch it a bit was a good thing. No runs anywhere I can see. Plenty enough to sand out the outsides of the Fenders before color.

Now I have 5 days to get the color on. BUT first I have to wait 2 days for anywhere I plan on sanding smooth first.

Which means tomorrow morning I am going to try to get the last coat of Sealer on the exterior of the hood.

Then I have to wait until Wednesday to sand.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2018 at 6:03am
Rick it looks like a keeper.  Great find.  Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
73 cj5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 73 cj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 1:49am
Bought some 33x11.5 TSL Thornbirds and electronic distributor for the 2A and did some testing last weekend. 

CJ3B
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 3:18am
Sand blasted the rear spring packs. Primed and painted. Installed new bushings and reinstalled back under the frame.
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:32am
Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

Sand blasted the rear spring packs. Primed and painted. Installed new bushings and reinstalled back under the frame.

All in one day??  Wow!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 1:17pm
Come on...it was just 2 leaf springs. After work...i know, I'm old and slowing down. At this rate, we'll make it to a reunion...in about 50 years!😔
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
cjs cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjs cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 1:53am
Getting closer to new tires, old ones off.  Will clean the inside of the rims and paint.  Then install the new tires.  $40 harbor freight installer works well for the price

Cjs Cj
1948 CJ2A
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 2:07am
Over the weekend I used my 2a to move a parts jeep and an upcoming project 2a into my shed for storage. During the course of this adventure my jeep ran hot, then the carb got some junk it it and flooded. Now it’s sitting in the garage waiting to get the carb cleaned out. 

Today after work I replaced a bad grease fitting on the tie rod of my cj5, and greased the steering linkage. I also removed the plugs and put some marvel mystery oil down the cylinders of the project 2a’s locked up engine. 

Edited by NCtoy - 13 June 2018 at 2:12am
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 2:40am
I've got one of those HF tire changers too. I made a receiver hitch mount that works quite well. I also beefed up the bead breaker.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 1:33pm
Finally got my Westinghouse t-1 compressor rebuilt and mounted late, late Monday night for a show early Tuesday morning. Therefore, I was afraid to run it. Another show Sunday, so I will try running it after that. Amazing how much attention is attracted yesterday. Big thanks to Sandusky here for casting the strainer for me. A local guy made the bracket for me.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 6:43pm
Managed to slide the rear axle in place and install the u bolts. Installed the new u joints and bolt up the rear drive line. But tell me this....who thought it was a good idea to use cotter pins to hold the shocks on? And how the hell do you compress the bushings far enough to slide the pis in? I'm thinking about threading the post and putting on a lock nut...Censored
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>