Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep Security

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 1:49am
I did try a Fat 50 can but it would not fit.  However if you moved oil bath breather to the drivers fender where the later horns mount by the radiator (on the later CJ2As), there would be a huge space for a huge lockable storage can.  The 24 volt Hotchkiss M201 WW2 Jeeps had the oil bath breather mounted on the drivers fender to accommodate the second battery in the place the storage cans are shown.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 3:52pm
Under the Hood Lockable Storage Box = Did some moving of things around under the hood.  The ammo can in this picture is 11" x 5/12" x 16" (LxWxH) 60mm Motar Can.

The Mortar can fit great!  Will need to draw up / make some brackets for the Air cleaner and the can, move the horn to the fire wall like the 1946 had and move the starting solenoid to the fire wall.  But it fits and the 60mm Mortar Can will get a hasp for a lock.

Edit / addition - Mark note the fenders are still available to be used as work surfaces in case someone wants to steal anything under the hood.  Note the wrenches in the photo on the fenders.

Edited by Stev - 17 July 2018 at 3:37am
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 4:42pm
Cool that will give them some where to put their wrenches while they steal your battery! J/K
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:38am
I was just kidding
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:56am
Live in the moment. Believe in the best of people. Stay well armed and proficient.  OKAY??

Edited by RICKG - 15 July 2018 at 12:58am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Originally posted by dandjeep dandjeep wrote:

I put this in out of an '89 Wrangler I think. It fits just right in between the frame rails of the seats. Lots of storage. The cup aren't exactly flat, but oh well.

I have this same console in one of my Jeeps,  now I know what it came from!

Had an exact one in my '80 CJ7 that was stock.
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 6:19pm
Based on my previous experiences trying to find places to hide stuff in soft/bikini top CJ5s, my "dream restomod" flatfender would have the dash panel from a M-38 in it for the glove box and the removable gauge panel (in case I need to work on some gauges or need better access to behind the panel).  I've also kicked around the idea of wheel house tool boxes ala MB/GPW.   All lockable.  I do like the idea of locking down the passenger seat to keep the stock tool box from being opened.  I've done the lockable ammo box between the seats, but never thought to put one under the hood.  Another idea I've been kicking about is some kind of storage compartment under the cargo area that could be accessed from inside the Jeep.   Maybe putting it under a flip n fold type rear seat.  

I had to laugh when I read about the holster with brass scattered in the floorboards.   I used to keep a holster strapped to the roll bar in one of the 5s for a Ruger 22 auto pistol.  And there was always 22 brass scattered around in the Jeep from my running through the woods in it.  The holster stayed in the Jeep, but the pistol only when not going to town.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123