Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My jeep find

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My jeep find
    Posted: 16 July 2018 at 7:46pm
btw I'm new here, but anyway I found this jeep in a barn where I used to live. Was wondering if someone could tell me what year it is. Someone in the past removed the data plates so I don't know any thing about it other than it has been sitting for I'm guessing 20 years. I do not own it but I would like to. What do you all think it is worth in its current condition? Smile
wish i knew more View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 7:51pm
Sorry I got two of the same pics there
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:01pm
BY THE WINDSHEILD IT IS A 3A OR LATER. DO YOU KNOW WHO HAS THE TITLE?
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:04pm
Nice complete Jeep, Looks like a CJ3A

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:12pm
Wow, nice find! And welcome to the forum! 

I'm still learning on this stuff, but it looks like a CJ3A to me, not a 2A. Others will come in if I'm wrong. 

That looks like a very nice, original, and complete jeep! Mostly rust free too.... very rare in that great a condition. Does the engine turn over? 
If the engine turns, you are off to a great start. The question is what you want to do with it? Fix it, make it safe, and drive as is? Preserve? Restore?

My guess, although I'm not qualified to guess on price, would be that someone would be willing to pay around $4,000 for it, maybe more. Again, others more "in the know" will correct me. 

Does it have a clear title?

Mike

1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:29pm
I believe the location of the ignition switch is also a indicator that it's a 3A. Nice Find!!
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 8:30pm
Welcome aboard, WIKM Thumbs Up

I'm gonna pile on with "3A" as well... nice to see the steps Smile

My only question for the brain trust is the oil filter bracket with the circular cutout instead of a triangular one.  I thought this was an M38 feature, but potato potahto LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:00pm
Welcome,

Nice 3A!

Check out the anti rattle block for the spare tire mounted on the passenger side just in over the rear wheel well.  Very cool.  

If you get this take lots of photos before you start working on it.  Save every bolt, spark plug, - meaning anything you remove or replace in a box.  If you get serious about restoring it to correct you will want all that stuff later!

Nice find!  How it looks great but the photos are small and it is hard to see the detail. 

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:20pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:21pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:22pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:23pm
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Stev Stev wrote:

Wow it looks great but the photos are small and it is hard to see the detail. 

The pics are small but they will expand/enlarge.

Oh well while I was typing I see you reposted them.

(most pictures will enlarge when posted)

Edited by rocnroll - 16 July 2018 at 9:27pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:27pm
I would probably just work on it enough to get it running for a farm vehicle. I don't know about the title, it was last registered in 1984. As far as the engine, I turned the fan by hand and the engine was loose so it's not ceased.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:32pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wish i knew more Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>