Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Large Brass Drift Punch - from Napa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Large Brass Drift Punch - from Napa
    Posted: 17 July 2018 at 4:47am
For all of you D18 / T90 rebuilders out there... The instructions often call for a 'large brass drift' and I had to look through several stores and no one had one locally... until I checked Napa.

Not only do they stock one, it was also the best price, better than Amazon. Part number 902, a 1/2" brass punch. I used mine to get the intermediate shaft out of my D18.

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 11:33am
Thanks, I just tore down a spare T90 and could have used it.  But I'll need it for assembly and the the D18. I'll stop by NAPA on the way home.

I just checked and for some reason, the price is a little higher - $14.49.  But still worthwhile.

Edited by ndnchf - 17 July 2018 at 11:38am
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
konstan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konstan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 12:15am
Yea I pointed that out to the dude at the counter and he shrugged and said the online price is sometimes higher...
 Post Reply Post Reply