Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early retirement project 1959 CJ3 B (Roxanne)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early retirement project 1959 CJ3 B (Roxanne)
    Posted: 10 Aug. 2018 at 8:12am

I'm looking forward to retiring in a little more than a year. What better way to stay out of trouble & stay busy. I found a 59 3B with a V6 engine to work on.

Edited by 47heater - 28 May 2019 at 4:50am
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2018 at 9:39am
Nice. I had no problem figuring it out as I have a 1961 3B with a V6. I retired a few years ago and have owned mine for over 30 years.
Enjoy it.
uncamonkey
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2018 at 12:00pm
Very, very Cool, have fun with it!..

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2018 at 1:30pm
Awesome. Congrats J.W.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2018 at 2:10pm
Nice Jeep and a nice shop too!  Congratulations and I am looking forward to seeing it in person.  We were wondering what year it was from the pics you had already sent me. Dylan said he had it narrowed down to just a few years based on what he could see of the dash.  I think I am going to start calling him the 3B Whisperer!
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 9:13am
Dylan is really sharp.I should have just asked him what year it was. He was quick to point out that the extremely rare Willys factory dash mounted dual drink holder was only available in PVC pipe fittings with 3 inch wood screws after '58. Previous years drink holders were constructed with galvanized pipe fittings.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 11:51pm

My Grandsons came over & gave their approval of the new Jeep today. Unfortunately they probably need a tetanus shot now.

Houston I have a problem. Linda always gets to park in the garage or I have to sleep on the couch. To many toys. I sold my Corvette today. Problem solved.Had it almost 20 years.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2018 at 8:18pm
Congrats on the new find. That should keep you busy for a couple of years into retirement.

My new trailer should be here the last of August or first of September. After that I should be able to trail to Rush Springs about anytime. Just so you know...keep me in the loop for activities in the Kansas and Missouri area. I would like to meet up sometime and exchange stories and do some driving. One caveat: no roll bar so can't do Kansas Rocks...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2018 at 8:25pm
Stop by the Fall Willys Reunion Sept. 7th & 8th in Fulton, MO. We had talked about going back down to Rush Springs Ranch again this Fall but I haven't heard anything lately.

Edited by 47heater - 12 Aug. 2018 at 8:27pm
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 8:55am
getting started on the 3B.

Getting the body off & cleaning things up.

My grandson helping clean up the frame.

The Buick 231 V6 that came in the Jeep had a rod knocking & needed to be overhauled. I picked up a nicer one on Craig's List for $300. It runs good with only 70K miles. A little cleaning & it's ready to go in.

I've been working on the front axle. I've installed a front disc brake conversion, all new bearings & king pins.
Next on the list rear axle or new leaf springs all the way around.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2018 at 4:27am

Old dirty rear brakes, New clean rear brakes.I hope to finish up the rear axle this weekend. I ordered a Teraflex Low range gear kit for the transfer case. Trans & transfer case are on my bench ready to be taken apart. Maybe I'll replace the leaf springs next.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2018 at 1:51pm
Baby needs a new pair of shoes Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2018 at 2:55am
Those are some nice transformation pics on the rear brakes! It is always enjoyable watching your steady progress despite what hurdles you run into!
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov. 2018 at 3:53am
Very nice progress.  I keep watching the projects to figure out which way I am going to go for redoing my brakes on the 3B.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 6:43pm
Getting a few things finished. The engine is almost finished. I installed the clutch kit, plugged up a few vacuum lines, replaced hoses & thermostat. The transmission & transfer case are finally finished. I used a large hole transfer case housing to install a TeraFlex low range gear kit. I also removed the lock out pill to allow shifting into 2 wheel low.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 7:16pm
Those look awesome Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 9:53pm
Looking good. I expect to see it all finished up at the reunion this fall! Did it have the same 231 Buick in it before or was it the odd fire?
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2019 at 6:54am

New Firestone 7.00-16 NDT on KH wheels

6.00-16 NDT on the left. 7.00-16 NDT on the right

I just found out what the round hole to the left of the speedometer is for. A hose for the defroster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>