Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice Needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Needed
    Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 3:34pm
Hello All,

This is about 80 miles or 1.45 hours away.... I now nothing about these... Could you guys please let me know if this looks like a deal, or if it's too far gone... Any advice would be much appreciated.. 

Thank you,
GG
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 3:38pm
I don't really know much about these, but that one is a pretty good deal. Even if it is pretty far gone they still make a very useful trailer and they look pretty cool. I think you should get it. 
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 4:11pm
not sure how you could go wrong... 

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:14pm
Thanks guys for the encouragement Wink Trouble makers!!!

Can any Bantam experts here, tell me about the wheels, axle, and other original items to look for? I see the pintle hitch is missing and obviously the tailgate... Is there something to work with here or just a hot mess? 

I will go get it if it's worth it...

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:32pm
ya better go get it before I do... (and Bantams had fulton hitches, not pintle hooks)

http://bantamt3c.com/bantamid.htm

hard to see a lot, but it looks to have 3 tie downs (military?) on the sides but bow pockets (civy?)... no brake handle, no landing leg, no lights, no tag

I'm no expert, but ya just cant go far wrong for the money at that price... I've seen worse asking 500, fwiw.  If you just want a serviceable tag along, it' a good start.  If you want to end up with a historical museum quality resto you'd be money ahead to leave this one alone.

again, 0.02

Edited by mbullism - 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:43pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:41pm
Monday morning 9:00am Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile Thank you as always MB, you're the man!!
srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:44pm
I can't see how you can go wrong. If it were close, I'd be all over that. I also like the OBO. Who know's you may be able to pick it up for $100 bucks!
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Monday morning 9:00am Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile Thank you as always MB, you're the man!!

I never owned one of these, but I can certainly sell 'em, lol Wink
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by srlbotanical srlbotanical wrote:

...If it were close, I'd be all over that. I also like the OBO...

He has no idea how lucky he is that it's 3.5 hrs one way for me Wink
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

I never owned one of these, but I can certainly sell 'em, lol Wink

You guys are always getting me in trouble Wink But I like it! 

I'm already picturing hay rides on Halloween, hope everything works out..  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2018 at 8:29pm

You guys are always getting me in trouble Wink But I like it! 

I'm already picturing hay rides on Halloween, hope everything works out..  

Let us know how it goes!

Good luck. 
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 2:26pm
Got a text this morning, the price is now 200$ so I'm going to pass... I'm sure someone offered him more, good for them ;) Oh well, I tried.... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:17pm
Keep an eye on it. That trailer is only a steal to a select few of us lunatics. The vast majority of craigslist vewiers look at that trailer as scrap.

If it sits there for a while and he has no bites, the price may come back down again.

Steve
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:21pm
It's still a $200 trailer, imo, but I'd pass because of time and distance...  and that's really a dick move on his part, and whomever offered him more...CL is not ebay.  Just me being salty that things are not like they used to be.  Everything is who gets there first with the cash.

Last trailer I went after was only a couple towns away... texted the guy I could be there at lunch (in like two hours) with his asking price in cash, no dickering... time didn't work for him.  I said I could meet him after work that night, still no good.  Basically ended up settling on two evenings out to suit HIS schedule, and I told him to consider it sold... offered to send a deposit... the morning of I get a text it was sold.  Back in the days before the internet you could do things on a persons word, and a handshake...

my apologies for the rant...
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by srlbotanical srlbotanical wrote:

Keep an eye on it. That trailer is only a steal to a select few of us lunatics. The vast majority of craigslist vewiers look at that trailer as scrap.

If it sits there for a while and he has no bites, the price may come back down again.

Steve

Lol... I wouldn't buy it from him for spite LOL
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:36pm
This is the second time I have been burned on CL after giving my word and assuring the seller I will be there at the scheduled time.. That's not the way I do business.... I once held an old 79 dirt bike for this kid for like 2 weeks... He came down from Mass. with his new born baby and I gave him like 200$ off the price because I felt for him.. There are still good people out there, just getting tougher to find.... Oh well, on to the next 'treasure'... The Jeep Gods will provide when the timing is right LOLLOL
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:53pm
two things obviously at work... from the sellers end he doesnt want to chase away a sale then have someone not show up, but I honestly feel like the guy two towns over put me off a couple days intentionally and then any subsequent calls he said he had a full price offer and went fishing for more...and found it.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

two things obviously at work... from the sellers end he doesnt want to chase away a sale then have someone not show up, but I honestly feel like the guy two towns over put me off a couple days intentionally and then any subsequent calls he said he had a full price offer and went fishing for more...and found it.

Shiesty and not cool!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>