Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio Fall Colors - Oct 20th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 2:11am
This sounds good to me! Sorry I missed this past year.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 2:42am
Bob,

Looking forward to it.  Sounds like we might have a few more Jeeps the next time.

Stev
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Ruffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2019 at 9:42pm
I’m also go for any other runs that could happen between now and then
Current Jeep Fleet
A few 2a’s
A couple of 3B’s
Couple of FC’s
And a DJ3A
rec53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rec53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2019 at 9:55pm
Names Randy live n Chillicothe hav had a few flat fenders Presently look n for another 1.. Do u all hav a club ?? Wondering when u r planning another outing an if u could/would hav room for another passenger to take along,, would like to hang out/talk with other jeepers 
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 1:02am
Stev,
Do you, by chance, have dates for this year yet? My wife and I are making our plans for the coming year.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 2:18am
Gents,

I will see if I can nail down the dates for this years Ohio Fall Color Tour.  I was thinking we could move it back to the end of October or early November to see if we could hit the height of the fall colors.

As for open seats - it is hard to say - all depends on who shows up.  Ruff and Rec53 sorry about not responding sooner.

Stev

Stev
rec53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rec53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2019 at 6:18am
Well if u hear of anyone having an empty seat let me know,,, use to ride with a buddy that had a wrangler use to ride on ground owned by mead paper had a little of everything  an was a blast to go there an ride lotsa fun
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2019 at 2:03pm
Ohio Fall Colors 2019 - It looks like October 19, 2019 is the date for Ohio Fall Colors 2019 (third Saturday in October like last year).  More details as we get closer.  

Note:  The ride is on unmaintained township/county roads near Tar Hollow in Ohio.  This is a Willys Flat Fender only ride.  Vehicles need to be insured and licensed for use on state roads in Ohio.  Vehicle operators/owners are responsible for their property, safety and their decisions.
Stev
Ruffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2019 at 6:33pm
Stev, Have you ran the trails recently? October 2016 was the last time I was down there. From the 2 local Clubs I hear the trails are getting pretty rutted out and more difficult. I'm hoping to run the trails a couple of times before October and do a little bit of scouting.

Rec53, we might have a open seat available. I'm working on getting my 47, another 46 2a's reliably operational to go along with my blue 46 and my 56 DJ3A.
Current Jeep Fleet
A few 2a’s
A couple of 3B’s
Couple of FC’s
And a DJ3A
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2019 at 7:52pm
Ruffy,

We have not been out there since October 2018 - they were fine then.  These are township roads.  But the Razor guys were out there - not to say they tear things up but I don't find a lot of Vintage Willys Jeep guys wanting to grind hills or tear up their vintage Jeeps.  Old Jeep guys are more - Jeep softly and be safe -- not grind and destroy roads.

Please report back with what you find.  We only had to winch ourselves up one road.  Albright Rd was passable. One of the roads off from C17 on the South side (heading up the steep hill) was were we winched all the old Jeeps (lockers, Powerloc and open differentials).  If you look at the pictures the "V " is where we winched.   The rest of the roads - I would say looking back at the photos are passable -slippery and challenging but nothing experienced drivers with Willys Jeeps would not take on.

Edited by Stev - 11 Feb. 2019 at 8:19pm
Stev
rec53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rec53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2019 at 2:32am
Ruffy,, if u decide I could get a ride along,,, call me 740-772-1042 ,, live n Chillicothe,, we could BS even if I can’t get a ride along,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123