Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  October 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? October 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 10:44am
Ron, thanks for the for the kind words.  Also, thanks for not mentioning how Scabby and I got the convoy lost!😐
Rick Estes
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 7:56pm
Went for a morning drive. 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 7:57pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 7:59pm
Was rainy and super windy last night. Still windy but it was a beautiful morning here. 

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2018 at 8:55pm
I took my Air Raid Warden jeep to the local airport for the vintage plane and car show. There was also a great airshow to boot. No awards were given, but it was a lot of fun.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 12:08am
Berettajeep, you are knockin' it out of the park with your beach photos. Love 'em! The lighting is always spot on....keep 'em comin'.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 1:19am
Cool pictures Dennis. My mom tells of shimmying out on the bow point as kids when they would visit the ship.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 2:37am
I got the a new master cylinder mounted, all lines run and ready to be bleed tomorrow. 
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 4:09am
Originally posted by otto otto wrote:

Cool pictures Dennis. My mom tells of shimmying out on the bow point as kids when they would visit the ship.

Not much left of it today and it probably won't be there much longer.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 11:03pm
Steve, looking good. In high school, one of my best friend's Dad sponsored a Civil Air Patrol  unit. Several kids got involved.
Rick Estes
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 2:10pm
I finally found a garage and workspace at a reasonable price, I should sign the lease this afternoon and start moving in Thursday. I'm excited to get the jeep off the farm and somewhere where I can take it apart. I also scheduled my yearly 2 week staycation so I can get some work done on it.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 8:49pm
Finally got around to mounting my spare onto my tailgate, using a salvaged mount I bought off C/L last year. I knew the body was rough under the tire/rim hanging on by a thread.

Oh well that side is trashed anyway... save that for another day.  I have been trying to hold my cell phone with the shutter button always on my right, guess that didn't help on sideway pics after all

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 9:01pm
Ugh... I've seen that same picture... on the right side of mine a few months ago..
Shocked
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 4:39am
I robbed parts off of it. Cry

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2018 at 4:19am
@jeeper50, what do you have inside the tailgate for reinforcement?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910