Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My first post and intro.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 2:19am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Search for Willys Alternator mount.

That’s what I did then made one. 
CJ2A-NOOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-NOOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by tufcj2a tufcj2a wrote:

Where are you in SoCal? I am in Glendale. Just Lose It the electrical on my 47. If you're close by I can come over and take a look at your rig.
  It looks like we are about 43 miles apart. The jeep belongs to my boss and is in Ontario, near the Ontario Airport.
Thanks
Cheers
CJ2A-NOOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-NOOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 4:17pm
update,
we did get the 12v , 3 terminal ,Starter Solenoid ordered from Amazon yesterday. I need to check the jeep to see if the Coil is currently a 6v. (I think it is)

next up I guess will be ordering one of the lower Alternator Brackets. itwill probably be ordered from Willysworks.com, (unless there are other suggestions from the members here).
 I think someone here said the Fuel Gauge will also need to be replaced with a 12v type ?
Cheers
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2018 at 7:59pm
You might think about creating a separate thread, appropriately titled, for your different questions as they come up. That is how this forum is designed. 

Not trying to tell you what to do, but running everything into one thread titled "My First Post And Intro" will not help you in a few months time when you (or others) are trying to search for something they remember came up somewhere but now can't find. LOL

Your choice, just a suggestion
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
CJ2A-NOOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-NOOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 12:47am
thanks, I will do that.
Sorry to run it too long on one thread.
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234