Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing myself and my Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing myself and my Jeep
    Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 7:56pm
Hello all, I have been lurking in the background for several months now and wanted to take the time to introduce myself.  I came across a 46 CJ2A on here back in April which would be my 4x4 Harley Davidson to take the wife and dogs out for ice cream.  It has taken some repairs and convincing to get them all in it.  Mostly because the first trip around the block I was so amped up I forgot to release the parking brake, had no air in the tires, and 1 functioning wheel cylinder (with an empy master cyl...), so needless to say the drive was a little sketchy.   

Since then, with the help of my wife, the Brakes have been completely overhauled, Exhaust replaced, Cooling system flushed and hoses replaced, Draglink, Bellcrank, and Tie rods all replaced, Front Wheel Bearing replaced, and turn signals added via parking lights and an additional taillight.    Now its all driving and enjoying until winter when the body work and potential rewiring starts.   

gemandsdm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemandsdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 8:20pm
Welcome!  I'm a recent member as well, this place is a treasure trove!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 8:24pm
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum and nice column shifter.

What number is it?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 8:38pm
Awesome! I wonder if that is the original Harvest Tan paint under only one layer of green? Looks great!! Congrats 
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
SpringerKing View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 8:38pm
The column shift is a lot of fun to drive, its my first.  All the levers confuse most of the young guys at work! 

It is # 31484
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Awesome! I wonder if that is the original Harvest Tan paint under only one layer of green? Looks great!! Congrats 

I am pretty certain it was harvest tan, under the dash shows the same color. 
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by SpringerKing SpringerKing wrote:

All the levers confuse most of the young guys at work! 

Around these parts that's what's known as a theft deterrent system LOL

Welcome Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2018 at 9:21pm
Welcome, nice looking jeep! Always good to see fellow Michigander's on this site. I was trying to figure what water body was in the pic. Wild guess, looks like Muskegon or Manistee? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2018 at 2:39am
Welcome to the Page Mike, great looking Jeep. You should have a great time with it.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2018 at 6:01am
That's a cool looking jeep. Good luck with the project.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Welcome, nice looking jeep! Always good to see fellow Michigander's on this site. I was trying to figure what water body was in the pic. Wild guess, looks like Muskegon or Manistee? Joe W

nope, the body of water is actually the St. Claire River a little ways south of Lake Huron.  
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by SpringerKing SpringerKing wrote:

Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

nope, the body of water is actually the St. Claire River a little ways south of Lake Huron.  

By the Blue Water Bridge, my Dad helped paint the bridge back in the 50's.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2018 at 2:36pm
Hi Springer

Looks like you gotta a handle on it...hope you have tons of fun with it...

Welcome to the page...from upstate NY here...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2018 at 8:32am
welcome aboard!  Great looking jeep👍🏻
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 1:28am
Welcome! How do you like the column shift? I love mine cause I have big legs! It makes it easier for me to shift!
Jerry
1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2018 at 12:24pm
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!   This forum has already been extremely helpful even just reading through the old posts, and tons of awesome jeeps!

Originally posted by Jerry45 Jerry45 wrote:

Welcome! How do you like the column shift? I love mine cause I have big legs! It makes it easier for me to shift!
Jerry

I am really enjoying the Column Shift.  I have longer legs so I have to watch my knee when I am in 3rd, but that will be alleviated when I do a couple of the mods to taller drivers.  
 Post Reply Post Reply