Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FUEL PUMP QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NormanSalido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FUEL PUMP QUESTION
    Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 4:25am
So right now I'm running a electrical pump is fed directly from the gas tank to the carb in a independent line from the original one, the canister from the mechanical pump is still in the block with both ends open, so my question is is this causing any vacum issues? 

I'm planning on rebuilding the mechanical pump in the future, but right now I'm doing a major engine rebuild, so just wondering if I can keep on using the electric and just plug both end of the mechanical one just to make sure I don't have any vacuum loss.

Hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2018 at 8:55am
Unless you have a fuel pump that has a vacuum pump cast into it, the fuel pump will not affect the vacuum.

Is it easier to plug both fittings on the original fuel pump, or could you just loop a hose between the fittings? That might look a little cleaner. Or you could pull the pump & buy/make a plate that covers the fuel pump boss on the engine block. I think that a block off plate from a small block Chevy would work.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2018 at 3:53am
I'd go with the block off plate.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply