Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick release electric connectors name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick release electric connectors name
    Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 8:18pm
Have an elevator at work that a coworker removed the pigtail for the lights Gave it to one of the companies that we deal with at the college for electrical repairs. I've asked about it and well it has been over a year so it is long gone.

I'm trying to find a replacement that is the same so I don't have to alter the wiring.

ThyssenKrupp elevator. It is a small pigtail 2 wire connector for the MR16 light. one side is square and the other is "D" shape where they connect.
It reminds me of an old RC car quick release connector for the battery pack. I just can't find them or know what the correct name is!

I've talked with a few electricians, hardware stores, Platt and I'm not getting anywhere. I can find the piece that goes to the light.

Help?

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 10:12pm
I believe it’s called a molex connector. There are many different styles and wire counts
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 10:22pm
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 10:27pm
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

I believe it’s called a molex connector. There are many different styles and wire counts

Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

https://www.parts-express.com/cat/molex-connectors/1564

Thank you Mike and Mark. These are close but slightly different.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2018 at 11:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply