Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do with your jeep today -January 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do with your jeep today -January 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do with your jeep today -January 2019
    Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 6:06pm
I took the jeep for a breakfast run this morning. Met up with a buddy and his 1945 MB and we toured the historic city if Fredericksburg.  A great way to kick off 2019Smile
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 6:29pm
I wish I could have done that, it was only 0 around 8 today without the wind chill.  June is just around the corner!  
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by redrunner redrunner wrote:

June is just around the corner!  

Yeah, the days have been getting longer again for 10 days already!  Happy New Year!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Originally posted by redrunner redrunner wrote:

June is just around the corner!  

Yeah, the days have been getting longer again for 10 days already!  Happy New Year!
Already gained like 4 minutes 
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 9:20pm
red runner, Check out jeeps in January. Need to get more Iowans to attend.

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 9:39pm
Ok Fltfndr, but where do I check it out at?
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 10:12pm
On this forum, go to Shows and get togethers.

Scroll down to Jeeps in January, history of event since 2017. PM me with any questions

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 11:45pm
Got my sons 1946 CJ2A running today after working on it for 9 years. All we need to do yet is get insurance and a plate for it. Ready for the road after that.
Mark
1946 CJ2A
GloucesterBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GloucesterBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 11:50pm
Thats awesome, Mark. What a great day for you guys! Enjoy!
Jerry

'47 CJ2A #96661

sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2019 at 11:53pm
Thanks, Jerry   Now it's time to get my 1946 CJ2A wired up. Mine already does run. Can't wait for the day that we can cruise around together. 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2019 at 1:44am
Worked on my Header design almost ready to pucker up and order materials.

Got the Skid plate on
finished hooking up Brake linkage and more done on the clutch linkage (waiting on some rod ends)
Made two Magnetic drain plugs that will fit into the Fill plugs on the Tranny and Transfer case. The transfer case is a HIGH temp 1/2" D x 1/4" long 5lb pull magnet that is recessed into the Brass plug held in place with JB Weld. The other is a normal temp range 1/2" D x 1" long 16+ Pull Magnet (the wife could not pull two of them apart) It sticks out of the Plug about 3/8" and will go in the Tranny fill.
Looking at making a brass extension for the Transfer case Drain plug so I can put the other 1" long magnet I have in there and still clear the gears and still be above the Skid plate.

The Tranny Drain plug has my Temp sending unit in it For my Gear box oil temp gauge.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2019 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by sparky13 sparky13 wrote:

Got my sons 1946 CJ2A running today after working on it for 9 years. All we need to do yet is get insurance and a plate for it. Ready for the road after that.

Wow,  that sounds like a very exciting moment.
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2019 at 3:53pm
Mark, if you get a moment please share some close-up pics of those trick bronze magnetic drain plugs you've fabbed up. Thanks!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2019 at 11:54pm
Veronica helped with a load of firewood!
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2019 at 11:55pm
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2019 at 7:24pm
I really appreciate the Willys vendors that keep us in jeep parts.  Without them, we'd be in a tough spot. Most are really helpful and conscientious.  But one frustrating thing I've run into is that it seems like every time I call to place an order, there is always one item on my list that they don't have in stock.  This is despite their website indicating they have it.  I know they can't keep every part in stock all the time and it is a lot of work to update their sites (unless its automated).  But it seems I've had a string of orders where this happens every time.  I guess its the nature of the business, but its a bit frustrating when you are working on a project and have to chase parts from multiple sources, one after another.

...sigh.... I feel better nowBig smile

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2019 at 8:14pm
Put the snow plow lift and lower mount on the 1946 - doing my part to insure there is not heavy snow here.  Took the carb apart cleaned the bowl and replaced the fuel line.  

Put the NOS clicking throttle on the restored 1948 and adjusted the Novi governor linkage.  Jeep is up on jack stands for the winter.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2019 at 10:13pm
I was gonna drive the Jeep to work this morning.

The plan was to put the heater in yesterday. It’s all tested and painted up. I picked up the hose, fittings, and valve last week. Still waiting on the switch.  I was going to get it all hooked up and drive a nice warm Jeep to work this morning. 
However,  things didn’t work out as planned. I had a few chores to take care of first. While taking the trash in the truck started acting up. Trucks a diesel. I don’t know much about fixing diesels.  They say that most of the time it’s a fuel problem.  It was due an oil change. So, I did that. Then I changed out the air filter. The vacuum indicator was sucked in to yellow so I thought I had it. Nope that wasn’t it. Then I changed the fuel filter. That’s when I noticed that the electric pump that seems to always be running wasn’t. Evidently. The injector pump will suck enough fuel to kinda run. At least until you remove the filter and it loses its prime. I called around and you can’t buy a fuel pump for a 2001 7.3 Ford in Longview on Sunday. 

So, I guess things worked out. I drove the Jeep to work this morning. 38 degrees. Light rain. About 16 miles. Defroster rag in one hand wheel in the other. It was just like going back in time 40 years. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>