Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2019! - Event Date: 15 Sep. 2019 - 20 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

"disqualify that jeep" -- unheard of!! If you're counting to 50 by jeeps, and it doesn't matter who is driving, then where's the beef? or the chicken for that matter. Denying Matilda FCT trail privileges because of great enthusiasm defies logic, but only to females. And it hurts my feelings -- both of them. Besides, who'd make the coffee?

KATE,
I'm starting to worry that all the snow and cold have inflicted a severe case of CABIN FEVER on you, manifesting as extreme multiple personality disorder.
The only chance of a cure is to jump in your Yellow Beast and attack a snow drift.Angry
BOULDER 48 2A
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2019 at 7:15pm
Thanks Doc!! (from all of us)

Edited by Katiedid - 06 Mar. 2019 at 7:19pm
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

"disqualify that jeep" -- unheard of!! If you're counting to 50 by jeeps, and it doesn't matter who is driving, then where's the beef? or the chicken for that matter. Denying Matilda FCT trail privileges because of great enthusiasm defies logic, but only to females. And it hurts my feelings -- both of them. Besides, who'd make the coffee?

If you want meat then go to Arby's.  If you want answers, then I'm your guy.  With the applications in hand it appears that I might have to endure 4 different "Matildas" in each of my tours.  OMG!!  I wouldn't wish that on anyone!  So it stands to reason that 3 of them must go.  I might have a tie breaker by having all 4 of you cut the deck to see who gets to come and who disappears.  High card wins.  Tell the Good Witch, no magic wands.  In any event, the winner also gets to make the coffee,  so make sure that Ernestine has been doing her pushups.  That 40 lb water bladder is hard to lift to fill the coffee pot.  Not that she's a sure bet to win but I'd hate to have a slacker get the job of taking care of our coffee each morning.  And as far as your feelings go, and I mean both of them, sign up for therapy.  I'm sure you can find a therapist who will make them both feel better.  Ain't my job.  I got a tour to run.

But if you really want your feelings to feel better, then go winter camping.  I just returned from 4 days on a ridge top camp and I enjoyed my time up there.  I'm not sure Rick, my winter camping partner, enjoyed himself as much.  His freight sled broke, his tent partially collapsed, and he never set up his stove to get warm.  Despite the winds and the snow, I remained comfortable, warm, and secure in my tent, and the best part was - - - no mosquitoes!!! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 12:00am
โ€ฆ.. you're not firing on all cylinders Mikey. Winter camping. Silly boy.
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 9:40am
This week was a lot less suspicious than last week.  At least I don't think there are any crazy ladies on these registration forms.  The last names are Pierce, and Herman.   The number of forms is in the low 50's, so we'll run the random number generator on May first to see who will be here this year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 8:13pm
Mr Picard
I have not seen a Bokelman listed as a registered hopeful participant. Have you not received a registration form from me?
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by bokesjeep bokesjeep wrote:

Mr Picard
I have not seen a Bokelman listed as a registered hopeful participant. Have you not received a registration form from me?

Steven, your registration with Mark is the only one I've received this week.  I would have announced it Sunday but since you asked I'll answer today.

The only people who call me Mr. Picard are my Lawyer, and my Banker's secretary, and my doctor's receptionist.  Everyone else calls me Mike.  A few call me Colonel but that's a small group with some common history. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2019 at 12:45am
Canโ€™t wait to meet you, It will be Mike from now on
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 4:12am
I have a very good friend, Ron, who is also a trail groomer for some of the local snowmobile trails.  With all the snow we've been getting recently he's had to deal with some of the avalanches too.  Here are a couple of photos he shared with me of one of the avalanches on the Tincup Pass Road between the pass and Mirror Lake.  The snow came down with so much force that it snapped 12 inch Fir trees like they were match sticks.  It left over 25 feet of compacted snow on top of the road.  Who knows what rocks or boulders may be buried in that slide, that will block the road when the snow melts. 

Who ever goes through the road first next summer will need a chainsaw, or two, to clear all the downed trees off the road.  This was the first time in over 25 years that this area has had a slide.  And it was a big one according to Ron.  No, this is not Ron the guide.  This Ron and I retired together a few years ago.  Anyway, just be glad we don't have to go through here with Jeeps for another 6 months or so.  I suspect that most of the trees that were broken will still be along the road next fall when we come through.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 5:06am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Who knows what rocks or boulders may be buried in that slide, that will block the road when the snow melts. 

Challenge accepted!  The Quazzzy 8โ€™s loves boulder-strewn roads.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   โ€œNewtโ€

My Videos
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 2:28pm
Hope there is enough wood so Rick can build me a bridge to get over those rough spots

Hmmm...or a nice little chateau so I can have a sip of wine while watching the Qwazzy 8's maneuver through boulders
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by tumbleweed tumbleweed wrote:

Hope there is enough wood so Rick can build me a bridge to get over those rough spots

Hmmm...or a nice little chateau so I can have a sip of wine while watching the Qwazzy 8's maneuver through boulders

Please have a front porch so friends may drop by and visit!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 9:44pm
You mean nobody would pick that up for firewood??
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by binthere binthere wrote:

Make sure to put a wood burning fireplace in that chateau!  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by binthere binthere wrote:

Tumbleweed will use some for his chateau, and of coarse he'll need some as firewood to keep the chateau warm at night.  But since this slide is miles from Tincup over some rough and rocky road, I think most of it will stay right where it lands as the snow melts.  Fir is not the best firewood, and this bunch would require lots of work to recover it.  It'll stay until Tumbleweed comes along.

On another note, we did not get any registration forms this week.  I did talk with a couple folks who promised to get one in to me soon, but I didn't see them this week.  There's only about 5 weeks left for the registration period.  Then it's closed and we go through the lottery.  We're in the mid-50's for a form count so the probability of getting selected to attend is high.  

I had a fun time Friday afternoon as one of Nancy's friends came to visit with her husband and nephew. Their intent was to see the old Jeeps that I have around here.  So we did a tour of the shop, and the sheds, and the boneyard out back.  Then I offered to let Zack, the nephew, drive Electro-Willys.  For a 12 year old boy with oil in his blood, he was really excited about doing that.  We immediately headed into one of our snowdrifts and got E-W stuck.  Dang NDT's!  But we were able to back out and go around.  He drove down the driveway and out through the pasture over Yucca and ant hills to come to a successful stop near the house.  I heard he was grinning all evening even after he went to sleep.  Maybe I started another Willys addict.  I'm glad he had a great time. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2019 at 5:21pm
Mike,

Another Willys addict is not a bad thing. The only cure that I know of, is another Willys. And when you have a wife like mine, that is always looking for Willy's, how good can it get?

John
JC
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2019 at 10:47pm
My comment was about picking that up after the snow has melted away. The wife and I were over Tin-cup back in 2010 and are familiar with the terrain. Beautiful country!Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2019 at 12:47pm
Binthere, that's what I'm saying.  Even after the snow is all gone, no one will go up there to get those broken Fir trees for firewood.  Not when they can get good Doug-fir or Lodgepole pine closer to home.  There's just no demand for Fir trees for firewood.  Except on Tumbleweeds Chateau deck so we can stay warm while watching the Quazy 8's crawl over the boulders.

It looks like we might have another week with no registrations.  Just a lot of junk mail so far.  The big event for today is taking the Blue Mule to the muffler shop.  After fixing the exhaust leak where the exhaust pipe connects to the manifold, we found that the new exhaust from last year hits the frame.  So we'll get another new exhaust pipe, and this year we're adding a new muffler.  With the exhaust leak fixed we're hoping the oxygen sensor will quit telling the the fuel injection to add more fuel.  We were doing a lot of backfiring last year because there was too much fuel getting injected for the limited air going to each cylinder.  Plugs were fouling too.  So with the fix to the exhaust I hope to have the EFI working smooth again.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>