Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

27th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 17 May 2019 - 18 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 27th Annual Spring Willys Reunion
    Posted: 31 May 2019 at 1:02pm
Thanks, Jeff!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:59pm
That GP belonged to Brian Wolf "Ford GP". He bought two of them in Illinois but could only haul one home. Since I had trailer space, I picked up the one you see in the photos and brought it to the reunion. Since I was going to Bob's to wheel, I had the GP loaded on the front of the trailer so I could get BAM BAM on and off easily but my jeep was too much weight on the dovetail of the trailer so I had to put the GP on the back of the trailer. This is why it was unloaded in the wheeling photos. Brian picked the GP up Friday at the reunion.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 12:49pm
Can anyone who attended this year's Spring Willys Reunion tell us the story of the "mystery Ford GP" that is shown sitting in the field in the trail-ride photos? This chassis with very rusted tub and drivetrain left the Reunion on a flatbed, after being transported from the field to the Reunion site by Jpet, I'm told. But I never heard the complete story of how it ended up on that property, out in a remote field. Rather than start a new "GP" thread, I thought it more appropriate under the Spring Reunion thread. What an amazing piece of Jeep history....
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Bob3b Bob3b wrote:

Thanks all for coming! I still have some bills to pay and things to track down and decide what we are gonna do next year! We are going to the Bantam fest for a day and the Toledo Jeepfest and Cheep Jeep's Meet and Ride this year, so we will see everyone out there.

We are headed over to John Ittle's (SP?) tomorrow at Huston Woods, then I will see you at Toledo with both '45's....
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:06pm
Thanks all for coming! I still have some bills to pay and things to track down and decide what we are gonna do next year! We are going to the Bantam fest for a day and the Toledo Jeepfest and Cheep Jeep's Meet and Ride this year, so we will see everyone out there.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:08pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:05am
Here is our video documentation of our journey to the reunion and other shenanigans! 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:01am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:22pm
I just finished editing and posting the pictures to the website.

Thanks to all that made the journey to another successful Spring Willys Reunion.

This year we had some attendee's drive from some pretty far 3 points of the US including California, Florida & Novi Scotia to name a few...and I thought my 9 hrs was farConfused

http://willysreunion.com/ then click the "Spring Photos" link
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

You can go, walk up and down the rows and see
some amazing history, or see some arguably brilliant “one-of” engineering… you
can have a simply awesome time taking in the event, maybe finding some parts,
mostly because you likely wouldn’t be there if you had no interest.  Right? 
But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people…
and it’s organic. <p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p ="Msonormal">A simple thank you to those that made this weekend possible,
that took the time and made the effort all in such a way as to make the 1200+
miles and 21 hours <span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>there and back… well…trivial.
Holly and I had a great time, caught up with some, met some new… enjoyed the
stories and just generally geeked out with likeminded folks all while benefitting
from the efforts of those that really made it look effortless.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">  </span>Please know that we know that it’s not. <o:p></o:p>

I must say that the gent from Mass. hit the nail on the head with his description of the people at his event.
A special thanks to Bob Christy & Jeff Petrowich along their families for their help and allowing them to spend countless hours making this fantastic event happen. Thanks also to all the folks that made this great four days possible. That certainly includes the Speakers, Vendors and the Attendees "roaming the earth" through the rain and sun for a few fun filled "WILLYS Days & Nights".     

Edited by 3-48s - 20 May 2019 at 10:40pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

YouTube video

One of those "wooden poles with vegetation on them" that Jpet mentioned.  

Cool video,  thanks for sharing!   I bet that was scary from your seat.   . .   It was scary enough from where I was watching.       That Jeep pitched to the right in blink of an eye.  

Edited by JeepFever - 20 May 2019 at 8:22pm
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people…
and it’s organic. 

This is so true......and the more times you go, the more important that becomes. Lots of good friendships can be and are made.

Life is short....Take the time for the companionship whether it be in the parking lot or on the trail away from the event.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Whats the story on the Ford GP sitting in the grass?
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:32pm
You can go, walk up and down the rows and see some amazing history, or see some arguably brilliant “one-of” engineering… you can have a simply awesome time taking in the event, maybe finding some parts, mostly because you likely wouldn’t be there if you had no interest.  Right?  But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people… and it’s organic. 

A simple thank you to those that made this weekend possible, that took the time and made the effort all in such a way as to make the 1200+ miles and 21 hours  there and back… well…trivial. Holly and I had a great time, caught up with some, met some new… enjoyed the stories and just generally geeked out with likeminded folks all while benefitting from the efforts of those that really made it look effortless.  Please know that we know that it’s not.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:47pm
Thanks everyone for coming to the reunion and to Jpet for setting up the wheeling part...I'd love to do that sometime...but sadly I'm always stuck attempting the hotel doing stuff!

Congratulations to Charles Brookover, of Rushville, Ohio who will be installing his newly rebuilt t-90 into a 1951 Willys Truck.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:08pm
I posted a clip of our wheeling on Facebook and someone told me if I had “all terrain tires” I would have walked up that hill. He said he had them on his Land Rover and “couldn’t get stuck if he tried” haha! 

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

..... and in case you were wondering, those frequent wooden poles in the ground with vegetation growing on them are called “trees”. They get in the way once in a while.

Some have suggested that if we clean that “mud” off our tires we could go right up the hill. Might have to try that experiment sometime
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:50am
..... and in case you were wondering, those frequent wooden poles in the ground with vegetation growing on them are called “trees”. They get in the way once in a while.

Some have suggested that if we clean that “mud” off our tires we could go right up the hill. Might have to try that experiment sometime
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by nivrat nivrat wrote:

.....The trail surface looked a little moist and kinda mushy though...whats that all about?........
it’s something we in the east and Midwest call “mud”, m - u - d.   It’s created when water, called “rain”, falls from the sky and mixes with the earth. These “rains” occur frequently, and yes, it is a “wet” rain
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>