Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

27th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 17 May 2019 - 18 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 27th Annual Spring Willys Reunion
    Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 11:23pm

The 27th Annual Willys Jeep Reunion will be held May 17-18 at the Bertram Inn in Aurora, Ohio. As usual, we expect to see in excess of 100 Jeeps in attendance. Plus, at the swap meet, there will be vendors from all over the country selling New-Old-Stock and good used parts to help you with your restoration project or to find that rare replacement part you have been hunting for. Who knows what treasures and bargains you might unearth there?

At the Saturday night banquet, our guest speaker will be Jeff Nelson, creator and curator of the "When Wagoneers Roamed the Earth" display that garnered so much attention at the 2018 Toledo JeepFest.

This year's tech presentation also promises something special too. Well known Willys Jeep collector and restoration expert, Joe Deyoung, will be demonstrating the rebuilding of a Borg-Warner T-90 transmission under the big tent. We will not only be raffling off the transmission that he rebuilds, but we will also be raffling off two chances for you to bring your own T-90 and work alongside Joe and other volunteers to rebuild your transmission — with a master kit provided by the Willys Reunion. The teardown of the transmissions will take place on Friday and the reassembly will be on Saturday.

Of course, like last year, we will host a drive/caravan and a picnic on Friday night. On Saturday there will be a lunch stand set up in the vehicle display area.

This is one show you really do not want to miss.

SPECIAL EVENT: We will be re-building a complete Borg-Warner T-90   3-spd Transmission onsite. After completion, the T-90 will be raffled off during the banquet on Saturday night.

In addition, 2 tickets will be drawn and the winners can rebuild their (owner supplied T-90) at the same time with expert guidance and a Willys Reunion supplied Master rebuild kit. We do ask that you attend Friday to clean and prep your transmission or have it done and ready before you arrive.

For more information please visit our website at www.WillysReunion.com, click on the “Spring” tailgate icon.

Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 3:34am
Thanks Art  . .  calendar marked . . vacation blocked off at work  . . looking forward to it !!!

I have a question on the 2 "owner rebuilt" T-90's.  Is that a separate raffle ticket?  or will those 2 tickets be chosen from the main raffle of the Joe-built one?   (seems like it would be a smaller subset of main-ticket buyers who would -> have a core, and be in attendance)    I would be thrilled to win either one,  for my '51 '3A project. Smile

Love the Wagoneer theme this year! . . one of my favorite previous Jeeps was a '77 Cherokee.   That Cherokee trailered my '46 to many Jeep Jamborees and other events.   :-) 
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 3:40am
Wow, what a great idea for the Spring Reunion--a T-90 Buildfest! This is a gotta-attend reunion for me!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 4:08am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Wow, what a great idea for the Spring Reunion--a T-90 Buildfest! This is a gotta-attend reunion for me!

I agree, great idea!   . .  even wondering ->  if I don't win*,  can I bring my T-90, a workbench, tools, and a kit . . to follow along with the experts?  haha

* I will definitely buy some tickets to help fund the event,  but I usually am not very lucky in raffles.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 1:38pm
Hi all,

Anyone who is interested in doing some wheeling on that Thursday the 16th, Bob Evans has invited us to wheel at Down on the Farm Off-road Park . . It’s a couple few hours away from the reunion but it is worth it. Stay tuned here for details as we get closer to May.   If you want to ride along, let us know here or on the Facebook page and we will squeeze you in. I have an open seat. Thanks Bob for doing this

Last year’s fun:

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 1:42pm
back to the top
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 3:24pm
Jeepfever, you brought up something I was thinking about last night.

We had thought these were the same tickets for the rebuild opportunity and the raffle of the transmission, but now I'm thinking they should be different tickets because not everyone who buys a ticket with the intention of winning the transmission could be available to bring one to tear down and rebuild. As people buy tickets, I will make sure I know which ticket they are buying.

I was also thinking of a deadline to draw the two winning tickets for the transmission teardown should be MAY 1, 2019, that way the winners will have a couple weeks to secure the transmission they want to rebuild and insure they have the time to bring it.

As of right now, the kits we intend to supply will be Novak master rebuild kits, and we are planning to have several parts transmissions on hand in case a gear or other part needs to be sourced.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 4:54am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone who is interested in doing some wheeling on that Thursday the 16th, Bob Evans has invited us to wheel at Down on the Farm Off-road Park . .

I am in for any Thursday wheeling.   Bob's place works out for me because it is between my home and Aurora. 
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 4:59am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone who is interested in doing some wheeling on that Thursday the 16th, Bob Evans has invited us to wheel at Down on the Farm Off-road Park . .

I am in for any Thursday wheeling.   Bob's place works out for me because it is between my home and Aurora. 

Great! We missed having you along last year, but now you and Wilson are trail hardened veterans!
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 11:08am
I'm in. Thanks Bob for inviting us to your Farm again!
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2019 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Bob W Bob W wrote:

I'm in. Thanks Bob for inviting us to your Farm again!

It will be an honor to have you and X-98 on the place again.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2019 at 3:03am
Scott and I learned some great lessons for the spring rebuild clinic at the "Jeeps in January" event this past weekend. The first of which is start with a decent core that does not have water in it. The second is to have lots of spare parts on hand, third is how to recognize a t90a from a c! And the gears are not interchangeable.

1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 6:32pm
I finally got around to making hotel reservations.   As mentioned elsewhere,  we have to call,  can't make reservations on the Bertram website.

I also got a couple T-90 raffle tickets.   Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to Spring!
Tsip 46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tsip 46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 10:46pm
New to the site but not to the Spring Willys Reunion. Visiting since about 2007.
I have enjoyed the cj2a page a lot. Without it I could not have gotten my 2a running.

I wish there was a way to ADD the "site-name" on the Name Tag of the attendees, so people could more easily identify one another.

I know, I have to thank several people for their knowledge and experienced advice.

Thank you,
Costas.

1946 cj2a
A friend in the market is better than money in the purse.
Tsip 46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tsip 46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 10:55pm
New to the site but not to the Spring Willys Reunion. Visiting since about 2007.
I have enjoyed the cj2a page a lot. Without it I could not have gotten my 2a running.

I wish there was a way to ADD the "site-name" on the Name Tag of the attendees, so people could more easily identify one another.

I know, I have to thank several people for their knowledge and experienced advice.

Thank you,
Costas.

1946 cj2a
A friend in the market is better than money in the purse.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Tsip 46 Tsip 46 wrote:

Spring Willys Reunion...I wish there was a way to ADD the "site-name" on the Name Tag of the attendees, so people could more easily identify one another.1946 cj2a

We have done that in the past...maybe Bob will chime in
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2019 at 12:56am
I'll vouch for him.....I've been trying to get Costas to post here FOREVER !! ( or at least since around '07)
And a nicer conversationalist you'll not find......he and his wife both.

Costas, if you are talking about adding your 2A Page user name to your nametag, they've been doing that in the past like Art said. They just add it to the bottom of your name tag.

I would suggest saying something about it when you turn in your registration though.

Not everybody involved is on the Page (yeah I know, I can't figure it out either) so you will have to request it and tell them what username you want displayed on your name tag.

Maybe Bob will catch this thread at some point and make a note of your username.

Welcome......glad you posted!!

PS
      That's the first time I've seen your Jeep! Looks like you did a fine job and it seems to be a pretty complete and capable little rig......show us some bigger pictures.

Edited by rocnroll - 27 Feb. 2019 at 1:12am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 2:58pm
My room & reunion registration are finally all set. I am so looking forward to seeing old WILLYS buds and acquaintances. Very interested in seeing Bob & Joe work their magic on a T-90. I have rebuilt dozens of GM Muncie & Borg Warner 4 speeds but never a WILLYS T-90- yet! "Lord Willing & The Crick Don't Rise", I'll be there. Maybe folks can make up a wish list so vendors can bring appropriate goodies to help with their WILLYS needs?
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>