Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

27th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 17 May 2019 - 18 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:55am
Awesome Event - Most of the Jeeps in this picture were part of the trail ride on Thursday and the 34 mile Friday night cruse.  Thanks to all that made this a great events!
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:21am
I had a great time,  both off-roading on Thursday,  and the main event.   THANKS to ALL who made this possible!!    I only have a few photos to share,  from Thurs.

Parking below the 2nd obstacle,  a spur that runs up the hill from main trail.  BobW is beginning his assault.

Millennium Falcon with some mud on his tires.

Dueling cameras.

A beautiful day for a Jeep ride !!!  Thanks Bob Evans!!

nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:45am
Looks like a great time was had by all, and some really cool Jeeps!
The trail surface looked a little moist and kinda mushy though...whats that all about?
LOL
Mike
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 7:48am
Very cool pictures! Thanks for sharing. Andrea and I had a great time on this trip... we saw some new places, met some new people.... It was great to finally put a face to all the screen names. We had a great time wheeling, hanging out, and talking with everyone. Such a great group of people! Thank you for a fun weekend. Here are some photos we took. I am also working on a video now. I will post it after editing. 

at Bobs Farm

Lining up at the reunion

Setup friday night

Breakfast at the bertram inn

One of the many pristine pickups....

Andrea hanging out talking with Bob and Bill

Bob Ron & Seth

Out on the "cruise" friday night.... 

after 4 days.... and 800 miles we rolled back into the driveway... I hope everyone made it home safely! thanks again to all those who helped put together a fun event! Stay tuned for videos... 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:31am
Originally posted by nivrat nivrat wrote:

.....The trail surface looked a little moist and kinda mushy though...whats that all about?........
it’s something we in the east and Midwest call “mud”, m - u - d.   It’s created when water, called “rain”, falls from the sky and mixes with the earth. These “rains” occur frequently, and yes, it is a “wet” rain
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:50am
..... and in case you were wondering, those frequent wooden poles in the ground with vegetation growing on them are called “trees”. They get in the way once in a while.

Some have suggested that if we clean that “mud” off our tires we could go right up the hill. Might have to try that experiment sometime
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 12:08pm
I posted a clip of our wheeling on Facebook and someone told me if I had “all terrain tires” I would have walked up that hill. He said he had them on his Land Rover and “couldn’t get stuck if he tried” haha! 

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

..... and in case you were wondering, those frequent wooden poles in the ground with vegetation growing on them are called “trees”. They get in the way once in a while.

Some have suggested that if we clean that “mud” off our tires we could go right up the hill. Might have to try that experiment sometime
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:47pm
Thanks everyone for coming to the reunion and to Jpet for setting up the wheeling part...I'd love to do that sometime...but sadly I'm always stuck attempting the hotel doing stuff!

Congratulations to Charles Brookover, of Rushville, Ohio who will be installing his newly rebuilt t-90 into a 1951 Willys Truck.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 2:32pm
You can go, walk up and down the rows and see some amazing history, or see some arguably brilliant “one-of” engineering… you can have a simply awesome time taking in the event, maybe finding some parts, mostly because you likely wouldn’t be there if you had no interest.  Right?  But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people… and it’s organic. 

A simple thank you to those that made this weekend possible, that took the time and made the effort all in such a way as to make the 1200+ miles and 21 hours  there and back… well…trivial. Holly and I had a great time, caught up with some, met some new… enjoyed the stories and just generally geeked out with likeminded folks all while benefitting from the efforts of those that really made it look effortless.  Please know that we know that it’s not.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Whats the story on the Ford GP sitting in the grass?
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people…
and it’s organic. 

This is so true......and the more times you go, the more important that becomes. Lots of good friendships can be and are made.

Life is short....Take the time for the companionship whether it be in the parking lot or on the trail away from the event.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by lowenuf lowenuf wrote:

YouTube video

One of those "wooden poles with vegetation on them" that Jpet mentioned.  

Cool video,  thanks for sharing!   I bet that was scary from your seat.   . .   It was scary enough from where I was watching.       That Jeep pitched to the right in blink of an eye.  

Edited by JeepFever - 20 May 2019 at 8:22pm
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

You can go, walk up and down the rows and see
some amazing history, or see some arguably brilliant “one-of” engineering… you
can have a simply awesome time taking in the event, maybe finding some parts,
mostly because you likely wouldn’t be there if you had no interest.  Right? 
But if you’ll simply let it happen, there’s another layer… the people…
and it’s organic. <p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p ="Msonormal">A simple thank you to those that made this weekend possible,
that took the time and made the effort all in such a way as to make the 1200+
miles and 21 hours <span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> </span>there and back… well…trivial.
Holly and I had a great time, caught up with some, met some new… enjoyed the
stories and just generally geeked out with likeminded folks all while benefitting
from the efforts of those that really made it look effortless.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes">  </span>Please know that we know that it’s not. <o:p></o:p>

I must say that the gent from Mass. hit the nail on the head with his description of the people at his event.
A special thanks to Bob Christy & Jeff Petrowich along their families for their help and allowing them to spend countless hours making this fantastic event happen. Thanks also to all the folks that made this great four days possible. That certainly includes the Speakers, Vendors and the Attendees "roaming the earth" through the rain and sun for a few fun filled "WILLYS Days & Nights".     

Edited by 3-48s - 20 May 2019 at 10:40pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 11:22pm
I just finished editing and posting the pictures to the website.

Thanks to all that made the journey to another successful Spring Willys Reunion.

This year we had some attendee's drive from some pretty far 3 points of the US including California, Florida & Novi Scotia to name a few...and I thought my 9 hrs was farConfused

http://willysreunion.com/ then click the "Spring Photos" link
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:01am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:05am
Here is our video documentation of our journey to the reunion and other shenanigans! 

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 3:08pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 9:06pm
Thanks all for coming! I still have some bills to pay and things to track down and decide what we are gonna do next year! We are going to the Bantam fest for a day and the Toledo Jeepfest and Cheep Jeep's Meet and Ride this year, so we will see everyone out there.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>