Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easter Jeep Safari 2019 - Event Date: 13 Apr. 2019 - 21 Apr. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 6:15am
I meant to post this one earlier. Here is the ussie from yesterday:

Some shots from today on Moab Rim:

... more
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 6:20am
.... then we went back to Hell’s Revenge. Ryan’s TJ is open/open and he really wanted to do Hell’s Gate so we decided to give it a shot.:

.... nailed it

..... and Tip Over Challenge:

Spent a little time in escalator too:

Thanks 4 reading
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by hotrod59 hotrod59 wrote:

That looks like a ton of fun. I am headed down Tuesday. Can’t wait!

Best get there before they use up all of the trails.
uncamonkey
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I tried a little more adventurousness line coming down the Devi)s Crack obstacle on The Moab time trail.

If you drive this obstacle make sure you get both front  tires coming off the drop at the same time instead of dropping the left tire down first unless, of course,  this type of adventure is what you’re looking for.

Thanks to Jeff and Ryan for the see saw tip job getting me back on all four wheels.

All I could think when I saw this was yew haw 
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 5:39pm
LOL, all I could think of is someone on the highway will have a wreck wondering if you are OK. 

Looks like quite a line of rigs waiting their turn in one photo. You guys are going to wear out the trails if you keep it up. Have fun and stay safe, Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

This picture I really love for a lot of reasons.
We are sitting on an overlook on the Moab Rim trail looking down on the town of Moab, with the Beautiful La Sal mountain range in the distance and on the other side of town below the mountains is the area where the Hell's Revenge and Fins and Things trails are. Really great view that you could only get in a jeep, or maybe a jeep wannabe.
That's me on the right, I'm from Northern Utah, Billy Douglas (Bdouglas here on the page) from Alabama whom I just met, and Jeff Petrowich (jpet) from Illinois, whom I consider one of my greatest friends. All people who I have met due to this forum and our little jeeps. And we are sitting there discussing jeeps and life and such, like we have know each other for our entire lives. And casually doing it in a very inaccessible and breathtakingly beautiful place like it was the local bus station.
Amazing!!

Edited by smfulle - 16 Apr. 2019 at 5:51am
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 5:23am
Today we did Behind the Rocks:

White Knuckle:

Broken axle:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 1:53pm
Thanks for posting updates and the great pics!  Looks like Billy is fitting right in with the “Qwaaazy 8’s”
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Today we did Behind the Rocks

Broken axle

That looks familiar. Confused
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 6:07pm
Are you guys registered and running with RR4W or just running your own group?  Is it super busy?  I'm thinking of coming down Saturday but don't want to get in the way sort of speak.
Unfortunately work wont let me come down Friday.
Brett
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 5:03am
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Are you guys registered and running with RR4W or just running your own group?  Is it super busy?  I'm thinking of coming down Saturday but don't want to get in the way sort of speak.
Unfortunately work wont let me come down Friday.
Brett

Jeff’s leaving Friday after the Fun Run. I’ll be here Saturday and we will probably do something, just not sure what. Saturday is the busiest day fir EJS and the have groups on just about every trail so we may be struggling to find something that’s not busy.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 5:21am
Here is a video of BDouglas and me on the “White Knuckle” obstacle:

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 5:34am
 I know videos are deceiving, but it looks like you didn’t need to roll through it? do you think it’s possible to creep down it?
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

I know videos are deceiving, but it looks like you didn’t need to roll through it? do you think it’s possible to creep down it?
I wasn’t sure if I would belly out or not and if I start sliding, I don’t want to flip over or break an axle when I impact the bottom. Billy broke his front axle shaft on the obstacle. We got back to camp about 8:30 that night. We we need to get together in Moab and give it a try.

Edited.

Edited by jpet - 17 Apr. 2019 at 1:45pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 1:46pm
How did the Tread Lightly work day go yesterday?  
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 1:49pm
Have to ask Ward. We were on Cliffhanger:

..... had some trouble though:

Edited by jpet - 17 Apr. 2019 at 1:52pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 2:16pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Gaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 4:59pm
BDouglas's jeep reminds me of an old article in one of the jeep magazines.  "Finishing what Willys Started."  Here is a big "Whoo Hoo" from Alabama.
-Gaffer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>