Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow
    Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 11:35am
The insurance companies will come out ok by raising rates to cover the losses.  They will look out for there stock holders.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2019 at 4:53am
   Bomb Cyclones !

Yep, that was a first for me too. Whew, more winter coming. And just 2-weeks back, the local Mount Shasta ski park received 42-inches snow overnight.
Needless to say, it shut down the park for a full-day to dig out. whoa

The insurance companies have really taken a beating since july 2018 with the Wildfires, then Hurricanes and Tornados, and now snow-melt Flooding.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2019 at 1:17am
Here in Colorado Springs, Wednesday was pretty bad for some.  Mostly out east, people got trapped in their neighborhoods.  I only got 2, maybe 3 inches of snow but it probably blew in from somewhere else.  I heard that there was a 100-car pileup on I-25 somewhere to the north of Monument and that the Interstate wasn't opened up until today (Friday).  It was a strange storm and the first time I ever saw the term "bomb cyclone". 

The sun came out Thursday and melted most of the problems away.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 4:48pm
Last Saturday was the last time we had any significant snow in my part of Minnesota, but even that storm had more rain than originally expected (but driving was still a mess).  But now we've had rain and temps in the 30s for the last few days, so we're getting a lot of melting.  I heard on the news yesterday that we've lost 10" of snow.  There's still over a foot of snow on the ground, so it doesn't look like winter's gone yet, but we're getting a fair amount of flooding, especially with the storm sewer drains still covered with snow and ice.  My sump pump is working overtime, but overall I haven't had any real issues.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 3:58pm
No snow here. Suns coming out here on the west coast. Winter appears to be coming to an end. So we are in to poor sledding.  At least for the next few days. 
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 11:53am
Here I don’t want any more SNOW Geek

At the camp yesterday.

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 10:32am
I only got a few inches here but we had a few hours of rain first. I'm sure the roads were fun. My brother had about 4" of nice wet heavy snow. At least we got some moisture out it.
uncamonkey
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 3:44am
Just rain here.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 1:33am
  Mostly just !@#$%&* wind here. Most of my snow just waved on the way by, and continued into Kansas and/or Oklahoma. Most of the ground is bare, but there are two-foot drifts in places.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 9:50pm
I hope everybody survived the "Great Blizzard". Another media hype. I have around 2" of snow. My brother has around 4" of snow. He drove through Loveland the day of the storm and everything is shut down. The weather did sort of suck for driving. A neighbor did sort of stack up his PU when another driver slid through a stop sign. Totaled.

There is just nothing you can do about some things. You just deal with them.

John
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply