Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fender welt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fender welt
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 7:08pm
Is there a source for correct welt or do I buy whats online and just trim the bead? Thank you, Bob
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill, If I was married to you I would poison your coffee. Churchill's reply, if I was married to you I would drink it!
DonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 9:44pm
Ron Fitzpatrick has a welt kit which consists of pre-cut strips to go between the fenders and body, radiator guard and fenders, etc.:

DonH
1946CJ2A
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2019 at 11:25pm
I  bought mine from Beachwood.   They needed trimming and the holes punched in them.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
SteveBonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 1:19pm
47 CJ2A
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 1:32pm
I used the one from Ron Fitzpatrick and to me they fit perfectly that I remember.

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

I used the one from Ron Fitzpatrick and to me they fit perfectly that I remember.

Giles

Same Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Giles

Me too

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2019 at 3:15pm
Any preference  for the body mounts?   Make your own?  buy pre-made?

Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2019 at 3:52am
I used a set of urethane body mount disks made for a CJ-5.  They lifted the body a little, so I had to elongate the holes for the brake and clutch pedal shafts but strangely not the steering column.  I did not mount the front fenders to the frame at the bottom, where the two bolts go in the hat channel to the frame, partly because the hat channel extension on the passenger side fender was rusted away.  I think those two bolts are unnecessary.  On my first Jeep, those bolts always disappeared after a while anyway, so I don't think I'm missing anything there.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply