Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today April 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2019 at 3:20am
I got the disk emergency brake trial fitted on a transfer case I was using to mock up the brake system.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2019 at 3:58am
redrunner,

Pictures - what parts did you use?  This is a mod I would like to do at some point.  Let us know how it work.

Stev
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 2:40am
I have to get some pictures and details together.  I need to work out how to run the cable and get it to pull the caliper lever.  I took some pictures today when I was working on other things.

I put in new gauges, new cross brace and brake pedal, and got one step put on.  I got the new fuel gauge and sending unit working together, so I can now see how much fuel I have.

Tomorrow is the other step, back seat mounts and work on the spare tire carrier.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 3:57am
I finalized my On Board Air Compressor mount. I am using a Viair 400P. I'm mounting it off the frame rail a few inches behind the over sized Battery tray I made. Hopefully if my measurements are correct the Lead Hose that comes off the compressor will curve up 90° and head right into the bottom of one of my Air Manifolds I made mounted on the firewall. The remote air intake and filter for it will end up either high up on the firewall or possibly under the dash (I have to see how much noise it makes. Most likely it will end up on the Firewall. Choosing this location for the Compressor was a no bariner there is nothing in that area, it allows me to make sure the compressor is oriented the best way (cylinder vertical) It also has the advantage of ending up with VERY short power cables and a couple great places to mount the control Solenoid and Fuse Block. Hopefully when I drop the tub on and hang the Fenders none of this will change LOL.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 4:06am
I wouldn't worry much about the noise. If it is running you will not be in the Jeep and if you are out changing a tire you will be making enough noise to chase all of the wolves off.
uncamonkey
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 4:27am
Yea but unlike you pagans running around with out your windshield up. I will have an insulated structured aluminum hard top. And while I won't be running the compressor often while driving down the road. I might need to refill my storage tanks or even the tank that will be in the trailer (used to run the plumbing system) I'll see what works best.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2019 at 6:54pm
Being trained in electrical/electronics in the navy, one of my pet peeves is crappy, Bubba wiring. I've been slowly repairing wiring all over my jeep. Today I installed a new voltage regulator and found Bubba had been here too. All the wires had those sh*tty crimp on connectors that eventually work loose and do not conduct electricity very well. So I removed all of them. Then soldered on proper ring terminals, then insulates them with shrink tubing. BTW, I do have a new wiring harness, I just haven't taken the time to install it. After the repairs were made and the new voltage regulator installed, I went out for an hour long test drive. It's working like a champ!

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
SpringerKing View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2019 at 12:40am
I took a few laps around the neighborhood to test out the transmisson post rebuild.  Not the best weather, but the rain broke and i had some time away from the new house.  Next on the list is an oil change and cooling system maintenance.

notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 3:38pm
Last Friday I found an ad on the bookface for a top and a few other parts about an hour or so down the mountain. Saturday morning I took a trip down to Winston-Salem and picked up a 50's Sears aluminum deluxe hard top, doors and a new fender for the 3B.

I also managed to get a broken exhaust stud and broken bolt extractor out of the block. I'm pretty sure I'll have to helicoil it.

Edited by notzach - 23 Apr. 2019 at 4:02pm
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 8:47pm
I gave Ol' Red the "smoke test" at the Third Annual Willys Rush yesterday at Rush Springs Ranch near Pineville, Missouri. About a dozen Flatfenders and one M-38A1 and a couple dozen really nice folks.

Ol' Red didn't disappoint me and I gave her a pretty good workout. She stayed on the trails for about 5 hours Saturday afternoon. Spoiler alert: I'm too old for the rock climbing that some of the group did, but some of the group did some awesome climbs.

See Jpet's photos here: https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/willys-rush-at-rush-springs-ranch-missouri_topic43943_page4.html
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 12:19am
Received our replacement wooden handle for the period correct Handyman Jack (early HI-LIFT).Will strip the clear coat and weather it as needed.

Pulled the Dana 18 out of the '46 VEC. Took a while but we got it out. Shifters levers are worn out- too much slop. Degrease, replace shifters, emergency brake and reinstall with a spare PTO shifter we have.

Edited by cjbilly - 29 Apr. 2019 at 12:22am
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 1:54am
Worked on the brakes on our 1948 - bled and adjusted the dreaded 9" four adjusters brakes.  Removed the snow plow, and mount from our 1946 - it is spring here!
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
SteveBonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 4:15am
My front axle has been competing with the rest of the rattles, whining and grinding to make the most noise.  So I added these.....

47 CJ2A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 4:24am
I went for the spring look too, seeing as there were no blizzards today.  It was a little on the cold side.....  but nice to get that open feel.

47 CJ2A
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 3:09pm
SteveBonny,

Do you have a part number for those Warn hubs?  I am looking for some for my Jeep.

Thanks

I got the back seat ready to put in and finished the spare tire/fuel tank carrier.

Edited by redrunner - 29 Apr. 2019 at 3:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by redrunner redrunner wrote:

SteveBonny,

Do you have a part number for those Warn hubs?  I am looking for some for my Jeep.

Thanks

I got the back seat ready to put in and finished the spare tire/fuel tank carrier.

Yes they are Warn pn 29062.   Note I have no c clips or nuts or anything on the end of my drive shafts.   I'm not sure these fit on all versions of drive shaft.    
FYI - Amazon stocks them.....
47 CJ2A
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 4:33pm
Thanks
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 5:53pm
I just took the doors off but I fear I was jumping the gun. Cold and snow in the forecast for West Dakota.😁

RWILLYS (Space R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234