Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa’s, Bam Bam and friends at Sand Hollow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 7:09pm
Yep. Total blast! I’m looking forward to a report on Toquerville Falls and the additions to the Evans tribe

.... really getting pumped for EJS!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Yep. Total blast! I’m looking forward to a report on Toquerville Falls and the additions to the Evans tribe

.... really getting pumped for EJS!!

One does such silly things when prompted by a cute little girl with a big smile.

Here’s The whole group.
That one on the left front there said I would be a real Evans if I ducked my head in the cold creek.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 7:27pm
Jeeping at Sand Hollow has magical powers. Just a few days there and Jeff has regained his youthful hairdo.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

...... One does such silly things when prompted by a cute little girl with a big smile.....
Yep. I seem to remember that she, (along with an accomplice shown in pic), tricked her dad into doing an ice cream brain freeze too!

...... bet she learned that one from Grandpa! .... “if ya wanna be an Evans freeze your brain, if ya wanna be an Evans freeze your brain, .....”
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 8:44pm
A few random photos from my phone taken during our week. 

Don't know how this got on my phone, but it is one of the very 1st obstacles on Milts Mile.

Our lunch spot one of the days.

Posing at the top of a sand dune.

Dale in his not-a-flat-fender Olive Oil. I think this is one of the obstacles just of the West Rim trail.

A neat spot on the trail to Toquerville Falls. it's interesting to me that all the water you will see in the next picture of the falls is going through this tight spot downstream.

Posing at the top of Toquerville Falls.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2019 at 2:51am
Appears to be such a magical trip,   beautiful scenery,  challenging trails,  and a very interesting bunch of characters/friends.    Thanks so much for sharing.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2019 at 3:09am
Awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing your trip Clap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2019 at 12:23am
Wow it looks like a great time at Sand Hallow!  We will have to put this on our list of places to jeep.  We've been home sick this week, but watching these videos has been great medicine. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2019 at 2:56pm
Enjoyed the videos, looks like a lot of fun.

Some real good finesse on those rocks.

I am wondering about the axles under the black Jeep.

I built one 30 years ago and used IH Scout II axles under it for the wider stance. 

Scouts are getting as rare as hen's teeth nowadays, so wondering what folks use nowadays. 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2019 at 5:59pm
If you dont have the time or stamina to watch all our youtube vids, then here's a really short clip in instagram of Bam Bam crawling up a steep and fun little spot.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2019 at 3:06am
Here are a couple more short videos of the fun we had last week.

The first is footage from a trail called the "Nasty Half". Jeff, Dale, and myself ventured onto this trail mid-afternoon looking to occupy ourselves for an hour before going to the beach. What we found was the hardest trail we saw all week. Dale and I conquered the first obstacle and then winched Jeff up. Things got pretty interesting for Blueberry for the second obstacle and a winch was required for extraction. With Dale and Jeff below we decided to exit the canyon, but the only way out for Blueberry was to get past the next obstacle. With some help from my fellow Jeepers on the "business" end of a tow strap, Blueberry was out and we were on our way to the beach.

The second video is our last day. Finding water in the desert is always tough, but Stan knew of just the place...Toquerville Falls. So we all piled into four Jeeps and took off for what I (and everyone else) thought was going to be a mild trail crisscrossing a river up to the falls. After we finally found it we quickly realized that the water level was rather high due to the snow melt. We forged ahead behind Stan in the lead unknowing what surprises in the way of boulders or holes awaited us under the deep and merky water. It was a great trail and was the favorite for some for the week.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2019 at 6:02am
Gr8 video!! I think that was the best day!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2019 at 4:06am
Finally got a chance to work on some videos of this epic jeep trip.  Here's my first one.  There are some duplicate scenes that have been posted previously, but there are a few new camera shots.

Edited by Rick G - 13 Apr. 2019 at 4:13am
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12