Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2019 Cheap Jeeps Meet and Ride- Kentucky - Event Date: 26 Sep. 2019 - 29 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2019 at 9:38pm
Here’s my 10 boys, come get it 🏎
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2019 at 2:19am
Don’t know how far along You & Troy are on your rides But I have got to get busy to get mine back together May not be able to get it all painted But I’m sure gonna do my best to be ready 
Cannot wait to meet up with everyone again Hoping Al’s towing & deep water recovery will be there Just in case one of us three do need a tow Please Al give us a break on tow bill if neededWe will have spent most of our dough putting our rides together 😜
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2019 at 6:52pm
Mindy and I are coming and bringing "Gertrude"
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2019 at 8:46pm
I feel like I'm getting the shaft on this $10 competition!

Hollywood is now collecting my extra parts for his build. I feel this is an invasion of my spare parts dept. and possibly on the edge of theft. So should I allow this for the good of the ride or cut ties and run him off? Not sure what to do here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2019 at 8:50pm
Great to see Bob and Mindy are going to make it this year. Not sure who Gertrude is but if she is with you, she is welcome!
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2019 at 10:15pm
“Gertrude” is Bob’s immaculate 3b Troy! 

As to the “borrowing” of parts, I feel they should be freely given with a smile on your face! Of course it ain’t my junk disappearing.....on the other hand, both Steve and Kevin have keys to my garage, so I might need to go take inventory.Smile

Getting closer to time to ride!!

Greg
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2019 at 1:10am
That’s the way of a good friend, they’ll do everything they can do ( just short of killing each other) to win a 10 dollar pot. Yeeeeee hawww !!!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2019 at 12:50pm

Hey guys, Can you put the top on this Surrey and post some pics please?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2019 at 1:45pm
Jeff, we will try to take time today and pull this off for you. The top is in one location the jeep in another and we are not located close to either one but we will try.
Thisoldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisoldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2019 at 9:57pm
I’m coming w bob christy and bringing Jonah we’re camping if that’s cool

Edited by Thisoldwillys - 15 Aug. 2019 at 10:01pm
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2019 at 10:40pm
Troy, I am available anytime prior to the rides, if anyone needs help wrenching, feel free to send me a note and I will gladly come down a few days before..... mike  aka  lowenuf
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2019 at 2:07pm
Thisoldwollys
Glad you guys are coming for the ride!
Will you need electric for camping?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2019 at 2:17pm
Lowenuf
This is getting entertaining around the shop!

I have to keep one eye open for Hollywood and try to work on mine. I just finished my welding and priming for the bodyshop and delivered at 5:30am this mourn. I am now doing finishing touches on the chassis radiator,gear box,tie rod from Harry......ets So I feel its doable.

Hollywood is has tub at another body shop but still working on fab for the sheet metal for me to weld up then he will prime for the bodyshop.

Steve is MIA. He is not posting any progress nor is he in touch. I figure he is stealing parts off his brother inlaw!

We may not be axactly original for the ride but we plan on having them at the ride even if it hairlips the pope!

I will let you know if we foresee needing help and thanks for the offer
al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2019 at 3:18pm
If you’re taking requests, we’d like a hot tub at our site.  We’ll even share with the rowdy Columbia boys.  “Al’s Towing and Deep Water Recovery” is stocking up on tow straps....thinking we may have to subcontract with others to get these new trophys home!
Hollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2019 at 7:30pm
Oh yea ??
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2019 at 2:28am
Hey y'all I'm not MIA as Troy suggests And I'm not stealing parts from my brother-in-laws However I did take a day off work today
Did nothing but wrench on Patches Its not gonna look the best But barring any major set backs Patches and I will be there to try and take the money from Troy and Hollwood Good to hear from Als towing and deep water recovery Us noobies may keep you busy this year Al Hope you can handle all of it I'm excited and can't wait to see everyone

PS-What's this talk about taking jeeps to body shops
I thought us three was doing all own workThumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2019 at 2:41pm
Body shop description;   A buddy who has an empty garage to paint in.LOL

Cheap Jeep (CJ) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheap Jeep (CJ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2019 at 9:00pm
Hello everyone,
Just checked in with the Tompkinsville Inn and we still have 3 available reserved rooms for our Jeep Meet and Ride. So glad to hear from everyone so far and hope all have a safe trip to the farm. Lonnie is slightly improving with his feet and his new chair should be here within the next three weeks. He is so excited and cannot wait to see everyone. Don't know how we are going to get him in a jeep but his heart is set on riding in one this year. He never fails to amaze me on his strength, determination and rebound. John and Phyllis Ittel came this morning and are the new owners of a K & K Sicle Mower, Stockhead Grader Blade(only one we ever seen or found), Stockhead early original Pond Scoop, Newgren pond scoop and a Hess Hornet Compressor. Lonnie was happy these items we had collected over 13yrs has a home they will be appreciated and cared for.
   Can hardly wait to see all the jeeps rolling in with special friends and jeep family. Definitely highlight of our year. God Bless everyone and let Troy or Michael know if you need anything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>