Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring Willys Reunion Update - Event Date: 17 May 2019 - 18 May 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Spring Willys Reunion Update
    Posted: 13 Apr. 2019 at 1:55am
Here is a quick update about events happening at the Spring Willys Reunion, taking place at the Bertram Inn, Aurora, Ohio May 17-18, 2019.

Guest speaker Jeff Nelson visited the site and took measurements for the installation of his “When Wagoneers Roamed the Earth” display. This 40 plus panel display will be loaded into the ballroom Thursday evening and Jeff will be available all-day Friday and Saturday on site for questions and to share some of the stories he has after lifetime love affair with full size Jeeps.

Joe Deyoung has been tearing apart and putting together a T-90 transmission to make sure the transmission clinic build goes smooth.
If you have not purchased a ticket to rebuild your transmission alongside Joe on Saturday, you can find them for $15 here Raffle

If you have taken the top off your transmission and it looks like this:

Then you really need to buy a raffle ticket. We will be using master kits provided by Novak and will be providing some gears to our two rebuild winners as needed. A local transmission shop will provide a hot tank cleaning of the transmission parts on Friday. Here is a photo of a torn down t90 and the Novak master kit.

If you don’t have a transmission to build, you can also buy a ticket to win a completely rebuilt T90. Tickets for that can be found here: Raffle

For the picnic Friday night, this year we are doing something a little different. The Saturday lunch wagon is a local BBQ master who will be smoking pork Friday at midnight. He will also be cooking the Friday night picnic fare on his smoker.

After the picnic, Barry Thomas will do a very short presentation in the ballroom. He managed to locate an original Jeep marketing film, “Revolution in Pleasantville,” while on a trip to Franc. The film shows a Jeep, Monroe Lift and Newgren Lift Demonstrations that took place in 1949. This film was shown to audiences on May 13, 1949. We will get to see it again just over 50 years later!

Registrations are rolling in and things are really coming together for the show. We have lots of support from vendors big and small.
Spring Reunion
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2019 at 2:30am
So Bob let me get this straight.....for a paltry $15 I could be entered for a chance to rebuild my transmission with parts SUPPLIED by Novak AND work alongside JOE DeYOUNG?
Is that what you’re saying? Then hell yes! Count me in. I will click that raffle tab and throw my hat in the ring.Clap
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2019 at 2:45pm
That's exactly what I'm saying! You will sit at a work bench with Joe and rebuild a one of your transmissions with free parts from Novak!

1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 5:59pm
I see there is a special room rate for 3 day reservations... Are most people staying thursday/fri/sat.... or fri/saturday/sunday?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 7:17pm
Thursday-Sat will be best....most pack up Saturday night for a Sunday departure.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

I see there is a special room rate for 3 day reservations... Are most people staying thursday/fri/sat.... or fri/saturday/sunday?

I'll be driving and arriving thursday night, so staying over Thurs/Fri/Saturday nights, departing early Sunday morning for the return trip-
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 4:20pm
Most people pull out sunday am. If you need anything, let me know
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2019 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

I'll be driving and arriving thursday night, so staying over Thurs/Fri/Saturday nights, departing early Sunday morning for the return trip-

I have same plans,   Thurs - Sat nights at hotel

As mentioned on the main thread for this event,   there is a group that will be off-roading during the day on Thursday in S.E. Ohio.  (edit-correction -> SW PA)     I will be joining that group,  then trailering up Thursday evening to hotel.

Edited by JeepFever - 18 Apr. 2019 at 3:43am
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2019 at 3:16am
Ron,
Do we have a venue to wheel in S.E. Ohio? I was planning on running the farm this weekend or next to make sure the trails are open, but if we have something else lined up? My "farm" is actually on the border of Pennsylvania and West Virginia, but is about 10 or 15 miles from the S.E. border of Ohio.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2019 at 3:41am
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

Ron,
Do we have a venue to wheel in S.E. Ohio? I was planning on running the farm this weekend or next to make sure the trails are open, but if we have something else lined up? My "farm" is actually on the border of Pennsylvania and West Virginia, but is about 10 or 15 miles from the S.E. border of Ohio.

Don't listen to me Embarrassed   

I thought your "farm" was across the Ohio line.  Confused    I guess because we were talking about Wellsville last year,  but that fell thru.
I have plans to visit my mother in western MD,  possibly Apr 27,  it would be a miracle if it worked out,  but would love to scout the trails with you.  Smile
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2019 at 3:26am
The "Farm" is along the WV / PA border. We will park the trailers and tow vehicles on Morford RD where it intersects the state line. Last year we met at Cabela's off of I-70 near Wheeling, WV and traveled down WV250, picking up Greg along the way. I would love to head down on the 27th and run a little bit. If you will be up this way, let me know. If you are coming from western MD, it may make more sense to come west on I-68 to I-79 and meet up in Waynesburg, PA.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 1:07am
Sounds good! I am
Looking forward to wheeling and the reunion! Room has been booked!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 4:03am

Sounds good! I am
Looking forward to wheeling and the reunion! Room has been booked!

Good to hear you are attending!   Will be great to meet you,  and see your amazing TDI creation in person.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 4:13am
I pulled the tarp off of "Hoover",  my '51 '3A project . .  to check out the T-90.   Poor Hoover has been a back-burner project for many years.  

Fingers crossed its entry in this Willy Reunion contest WINS. .  I think its T-90 is rebuildable,  (just a little rust on the gears)

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 3:16pm
The rust and pitting on second gear renders it junk and will need to be replaced. Rotate the others gears and looks for the more of the same thing.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 4:36am
I did not think it was too bad,  but looking closer,   there is rust in the "contact"  area on some of the teeth. Cry
I can't rotate the upper shaft because it is attached to an engine that is frozen,  (and a clutch that will not release).     1st gear will rotate and has no rust.    The only rust I can see (looking around the corners) is the rust in the photo,  on the top of 2nd gear.     If I get lucky and win the drawing,  I will pull the tranny to inspect closer.

Edited by JeepFever - 30 Apr. 2019 at 4:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply