Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Photo for local contest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Photo for local contest?
    Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:29am
A local Jeep group will be publishing a calendar,  and has a contest going.   Most "liked" 12 photos get a spot.    Might be uphill battle for me,  95% of group is more modern, built big, Wranglers.   I think I am the only flatfender in the group.
Here are a couple I took today.  Hopefully I can get some more before the deadline  (end of month).

This is an easy location to get to . . it is only about 1/4 mile from my house.     I am hoping to get a chance for some awesome clouds or unusual lighting in the next several days.

I might try to get a vote from this great forum,   on which one to submit.  Smile
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:42am
Personally I like the top picture.  And I like the chances of the only flat fender in a field of more modern Jeeps.  Everyone will vote for their own first, and then you second!
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 3:00am
I concur, top pic.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 3:11am
Top photo for sure.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 3:23am
Yup, top picture
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Nothing Special Nothing Special wrote:

Personally I like the top picture.  And I like the chances of the only flat fender in a field of more modern Jeeps.  Everyone will vote for their own first, and then you second!

So far others agree on the first picture. :-)    Interesting,  because I was leaning towards the 2nd one.  haha

Good point on my chances LOL   . .  others will "like" their favorite big Jeep,  but then many might also like the "original" Jeep.  Smile
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 5:48am
Personally, I like the second picture for a couple of reasons. The second picture shows the top of the hood which gives the jeep a "depth" instead of appearing like a cardboard cutout. It also shows the grille at a better angle and the grille is really what makes a flatfender different from any other later model of jeep.

Go with the second picture and you will have a winner and one of the twelve spots on the calendar.

Just my opinion, of course...and good luck!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 6:27am
Your Jeep looks great, so lets just look at the composition of the photos. The second photo is the stronger of the two. Setting the subject slightly off center is better. This also gives the publisher an opportunity to add coppy to the left of the Jeep. (month or type of Jeep) If you decide to take additional photos be aware of your background. The tree to the left of the windshield in the first photo is distracting. Going from the tree line(green) to hills(blue)to sky. Your eyes are drawn to the tree & it takes away from your Jeep. The second photo the jeep sits nicely in the forground. Lighting is important. The lighting in both photos is fine. If you decide to take additional photos I think that you will find taking them around noon will work best. Less shadows, better color. Any way that you go your in great shape with a nice CJ2A Willys.
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:22pm
Top pic is more up close and personal to the Jeep.  Great picture.

Bottom pic has a great angle showing the rolling hills in the background for a more complete image.  Great picture also.

Tough call.  For the Jeep pic contest, I would go with the top, but for a calendar, I would go with the bottom.  

I know this wasn't much help, but I can't decide which I like better.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.  

Let us know where and when, I'll vote for you either way.  Wink
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:25pm
I like the bottom pic. 

How can we stuff the ballot box?   Vote early, vote often!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:54pm
I like the bottom pic for the background.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 2:58pm
I like the angle of the first one and the background of the second.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 4:31pm
I like the top one because my eye is drawn to the Jeep.... My focus is on the landscape in the second. Both are really great Thumbs Up
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 4:36pm
I’m on #2.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 5:53pm
Thanks guys for the helpful comments.   I still have a decision.  haha

In my mind this is a Central VA calendar and the photo should show some local scenery . .  this is one of the reasons I was leaning towards the 2nd one.

I hope to get out a take some more,  but will be tough with my schedule.     I noticed this morning on the way to work,  the air is starting to get a little more hazy (from pollen).    Mountains in background might not be as nice as the week goes on,     might have to try some different scenery.   

To vote you have to be member of a Facebook group . .  the Central Virginia Jeepers.    Downside,  to join,  you have be-friend one of the admins.   (Good guys,  but still would rather not had to).      I joined when there were only a couple dozen members,  now there must be hundreds.      
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 7:16pm
I’m a little late to the party, but I say top photo.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 7:25pm
Great looking pictures. I vote for No. 2.  Clap
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 4:33am
I'm drawn to #2 also.  No explanation, I just like it better.  Maybe you have a better pic from the Rubicon, though...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>