Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Location of Members

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Location of Members
    Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 6:39pm
In the interest of determining potential members for a new chapter of IFFC, is there a way to determine which members are from a particular state?
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
cal.bar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal.bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 6:46pm
We USED to have a member database and picture post section, but it has not been kept up for the several years that I have been a member.  I've sent in pics etc. several times and none have ever been posted.

usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2019 at 10:51pm
Please be in Central Texas...Big smile
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 5:54am
Iowa, Sorry
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 3:41pm
You guys have all the fun! Lol...
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
northcoastsailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 4:46pm
What if one was to create a google map, where members could enter their location into (city at most perhaps to maintain privacy). That way, someone on a trip or in the area could look up the member and send them a PM on the board to see if they want to meet up, or come help them start their Jeep on the side of the road.
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 5:17pm
I live in Sioux City, IA, so count me in for the IFFC.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by northcoastsailor northcoastsailor wrote:

What if one was to create a google map, where members could enter their location into (city at most perhaps to maintain privacy). That way, someone on a trip or in the area could look up the member and send them a PM on the board to see if they want to meet up, or come help them start their Jeep on the side of the road.

I think we had something like that, and it was one of those things that I never was able to get my info entered into.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by northcoastsailor northcoastsailor wrote:

That way, someone on a trip or in the area could look up the member and send them a PM on the board to see if they want to meet up, or come help them start their Jeep on the side of the road.

My thought on that would be if I were to go on a trip and wanted to meet up with people I would post something to that affect before I left on the trip and make plans then so as not to be just dropping in at an inopportune time but that's just the way I would do it.

I can see the benefit maybe of contacting someone in an emergency but there again if you have access to the forward to send them a PM, a topical post could be made just as easy.

Basically, some have privacy concerns , some don't.

I think most would help in an emergency though...

Just thoughts on topic, no real opinion one way or the other.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

usmcpmi, I not in central Texas, I’m up in the panhandle.  I’m heading to Bridgeport, TX. to wheel at Northwest OHV park the first part of June and you are welcome to join us.   I’m going to start a post about it next week.

Rick
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

usmcpmi, I not in central Texas, I’m up in the panhandle.  I’m heading to Bridgeport, TX. to wheel at Northwest OHV park the first part of June and you are welcome to join us.   I’m going to start a post about it next week.

Rick

I'm interested, looking forward to the post!!
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2019 at 12:28am
Rick a couple of other areas in Texas were Katmacy Rocks near Brady, and the Barnwell Mountian OHV park near Gilmer in east TX. I was towing my jeep there when the space shuttle fragmented over Texas. I hear the sonic booms from it while driving down the highway with the windows down. Have fun at the Bowie area park. 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

koobd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koobd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2019 at 5:59pm
This is a great Idea, I'd support this. Location could be marked by zip code, or local area, say a nearby gas station, not personal street address, for security concerned individuals. 
1946 CJ2A SN 26262
1975 Wagoneer
2002 TJ Crawler
Bantam Trailer x 2
 Post Reply Post Reply