Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your Jeep today May 2019?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Used the '46 to drag my van with a bad fuel pump, I just love having a low range!Smile
I wish people would quit hittin' me on the head. MQ
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:33am
Worked on this more in my Project thread

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:17am
NOTHING
Out of town all last month and all this month.

I did order a t-shirt, though.

Next month, I'm ordering an overdrive from Herm.

Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
MightyMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MightyMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:45am
This was my grandfather's Willy's home to get it running again.
jeepdidwhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepdidwhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:42pm

I can relate.
My CJ2A journey started when I brought my grandfather's partially running jeep home with me on a UHaul.
That UHaul modern car hauler is built for bigger cars, not a svelte CJ2A.  The trailer is almost too wide to get the tires in the tracks without hanging over the center edges.  I never thought to measure the width of the trailer.

Back on topic.  Finished redoing the electrical wiring in the grill.  Next up, putting the drag link back together, radiator back on and getting back on the road!!
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:01am
Nobody’s worked on their jeep in a week?! Y’all must be working at the same rate I do. On the upside, I did take mine for a ride one night after work this week, and drove my beater of a cj5 to my moms to work on her lawnmower today. But no advance on any jeep related projects.
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:06am
I drove my jeep around today logging data- doesn’t really count as work though. 

Originally posted by NCtoy NCtoy wrote:

Nobody’s worked on their jeep in a week?! Y’all must be working at the same rate I do. On the upside, I did take mine for a ride one night after work this week, and drove my beater of a cj5 to my moms to work on her lawnmower today. But no advance on any jeep related projects.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:28am
Topped off the T90/D18, then went to a topless jeep show 20 miles away. Had a great day. 
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 4:05am
I've been working on getting my jeep ready to drag east for the Bantam Jeep Festival. I was working on putting my steering box back together and had previously tig welded the plug for the horn wire back together. Well low and behold when I got it back in the jeep and filled it, it leaked. Turned out my weld cracked (due to the thin material), so I had to dig out another steering box to rob the horn tube from. 

I think I'm going to try to make some more of these since they seem to be impossible to find.

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:06am
Al in all a good day. I made a run to Harbor Freight and picked up a pair of their LED shop lights and then adapted a stand I made from 3/4" pipe to hold the pair of them a bit over head level and end for end making a 8' long movable shop light.

I then finished up the scuffing up of the paint on my Windshield frame to ready it for the second paint job in a year.

I then switched to masking off the interior, firewall and part of the rear of the Tub its now ready to be washed with Prepall (right before I paint Next weekend)

I'm going to give the Tub two if not three more coats of Pacific Blue.

Next up is masking off the inside of the Windshield as its already been painted with Gray and Black splatter paint.

Tomorrow I will strive to scuff up the Front Fenders and get them ready for their repaint.

Then the Hood. I'm not going to repaint the tailgate it came out acceptable for something that will be behind the Tire swing and mostly unseen.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:10pm
I got a new horn tube made.

Puddleduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 9:23pm
Having a run of bad luck, had to renew the battery today the old one was holding a charge over night but was breaking down under load.
New one fitted and all is well.
It's better to burn out than to fade away

1948 CJ2A

Mercedes C220 AMG Line Coupe
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 7:52pm
At least now I know what purpose that tube serves! 

All the other Jeeps I have worked on were older where the horn wire connected to a brass sleeve on the shaft way above the gear box, so didn't have the tube. 
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 8:05pm
I've accomplished a few things this week, got the crank and rod end torqued, oil pan on, the engine off of the stand and started putting the flywheel on. Turns out the 3B has a flywheel made by International Harvester. I should have the clutch on tonight and the gears joined to the engine by Friday. Hopefully drive it to work next week.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 11:14pm
I made these Windshield Pivot bolts.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:37pm
Changed shackles on mine today. The ones i had were too short causing the shackle to flip in the rear. This caused by lift springs. Anyway, got them on and they raised the whole rig just shy of 3/4 of and inch. While I solved the flip problem, I don't care for the added height. 

So to solve that - I decided to ignore it and load the big Jeep up on the trailer. Headed to NH in the AM to give it a good thrashing! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 11:14pm
FINALLY...got my engine fired up and adjusted. Although we are into June now
Andy Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 1:27am
Continuing to clean and paint parts that are sitting in bins and buckets from the original frame, finished up my modified 2a engine mounts that have been widened to accommodate the cj5 frame so I’ll be getting ready to start placing the drivetrain in this week, very exciting part of the build for me as it’s starting to look like a Jeep again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12