Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northwest OHV Park June 8-9 - Event Date: 08 June 2019 - 09 June 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Northwest OHV Park June 8-9
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:10pm
I will be at the Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport, TX June 8th and maybe June 9th, 2019 if anyone is interested in meeting up and doing some jeeping.  This park is located just northwest of the DFW area.  I'm not "hosting" or "organizing" an event, but just letting everyone know about this park and the actual "event" that is going on that weekend.  

I have never been to this park before, but it looks like it has a good variety of trails, for all levels of jeeps.  There is supposed to be a vendor event hosted by BF Goodrich and Discount Tire that weekend.  I talked to the City of Bridgeport and they indicated there will be over 30 vendors there and a concert on Saturday night.

Here are a couple of links to the Northwest OHV Park.  You can also search YouTube for Northwest OHV Park offroad videos.

My plan is to arrive Friday night, June 7th, camp outside the park, and jeep all day Saturday and possibly Sunday.  The park fee for jeeps is $25/day and camping (primitive) just outside the park is free.  You must also have a Texas State OHV sticker (obtained there at the park or from the Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept.).

If anyone is interested in meeting up there and jeeping let me know, or indicate your interest here on this thread.  I don't know much about this park, but I will share info as I get it.  Hope some of you can come out so we can show off what REAL jeeps look like!
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
snave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:34pm
Moses, sounds like fun. 

Know we can't make it so pics are mandatory!

Clint has a "Bouncer" event there every year. 

Might try those hills!

Fuzz

Fuzz
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:04am
The Northwest is not in Texas.  LOL
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:17am
Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

You're not a Texan...  LOL  (Neither am I, but I have relatives there...)
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:49am
Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

What Mike said
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Yeah, but since we are our own country here in Texas, it’s the Northwest part of the country.😎

Anyway, I’ll be down there next weekend.  Hope one or two of y’all can make it out there.  I think it will be a blast to show off our flatties!👍🏼

My Videos
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 3:32am
Here's a video of my trip to Northwest OHV park.  I'll have another video in a day or two.  It was really good to meet Dave (ChicoDave) and his family.  This is ChicoDave on the cover of this video.  There were only two of us Flatfender guys there.  Hundreds of other jeeps.  Lots of trails for the size of the park, easy ones to some really challenging ones.

My Videos
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2019 at 5:53am
Looks like a lot of fun.
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 2:48am
Looks like ya'll had a great time. Cool video....
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 4:08am
Fun video!!   thanks for sharing.
rmneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2019 at 5:12am
Great video!  Wish I hadn't been preoccupied with moving and prepping my old house as a rental...I'd have joined you out there.  Fun little park.  I usually let my 11 year old drive all over those flats.  PM me next time you come to town and I'll certainly join you.
 Post Reply Post Reply