Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T90 transmission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T90 transmission
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:45pm
Hello

I replaced the transmission on my cj2a and between the bearing and the drivegear of the transfer case I have a cupped washer.
Can someone tell me how iT should be installed.
Many thanks.
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:51pm
To save you a lot of time just go to You Tube and check out Rick Stivers T90 transmission rebuild series. There are many videos that break down the various components, their use and installation.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Kobe willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:35pm
thanks for the info, but I don’t find a video with the explaination.CryCry

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:14pm
If that part is not shown in any of the videos then perhaps it doesn’t belong....
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:09am
  The parts list shows it in the side-shift transmission but not in the top-shift. I think it was deemed unnecessary and deleted. I also think that if you put it in backwards it would rub on the bearing. I’m not sure, I haven’t run across one yet. JMO. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:28am
Hello,
That’s right but you can put iT the 2ways,so as iT is called pil retaining washer I put it backward, so iT is closing the bearing.
Now I think that more oil Will flow to the transfer case and can’t return to the transmission thru the bearing. So I think I Will put iT oppositie.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kobe willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:12pm
Bruce you’re right, today I turned the washer and I had already rubbing in the bearing cage. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply