Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here We Go Again 10646

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2019 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by TWN TWN wrote:

(Matches my old Ford 3000 in the background!)  Tom

Geez Tom, if you want to match the paint to a good old tractor you'll need to go JD Green..Thumbs Up

Edited by RICKG - 03 June 2019 at 10:07pm
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 2:23am
Hi Tom,

Great looking project. I just picked up #11662 today and am in the process of assessing it. I know someone switched out my steering column to eliminate the column shift, but until I saw your steering wheel, I assumed the one on mine (which looks like yours) was also a later model wheel that was on the replacement column. I've been under the impression that the VEC 2A's had spoked military-style steering wheels, but if yours is original to your jeep, I might need to do more research on that.

Sincerely,

John 
TWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 2:34am
I’m pretty sure my steering wheel is not correct. I bought an original spoke style wheel to replace it. Congratulations on the purchase!
19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2019 at 2:50am
Great, thank you for confirming my suspicion. I have started a list of parts I need to track down and spoked steering wheel is one of them. Once I've done a thorough assessment this week, I'll post my findings (aka, the "shopping list.")
TWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 4:13pm
I have been slowly gathering up some parts (generator, keyed coil, correct oil filter assembly, steering wheel, spare tire rim, driver's seat). I am going to install a PTO on this, so I took apart my pto gearbox and cleaned it up. Put in new seals, reassembled, and painted. I am going to pull the motor out shortly. As I have began the disassembly, I have noticed that there are many fasteners that are the wrong size or just missing. Does anyone know if their is a listing out there of the specific fasteners for the 2A? I am a long ways off from needing it, but thought I might start doing some research.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2020 at 5:31pm

The Willys Parts Manual lists  a lot of the fasteners and their type and sizes, a great help when restoring one of these jeeps.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2020 at 1:14am
Here is the electronic parts list created by Sean Collins...

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
TWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2020 at 1:40am
Looks like the parts list will be a BIG help. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
TWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 8:05pm
I removed the motor and body over the past few weeks. Obviously not in a hurry...

As all can see, the frame will need some work on the driver's side.

Underside of the bed with the original Harvest Tan and some original rust too.

A previous owner had the floors and hat channels replaced.

But the transmission hump is not right for a column shift transmission cover. So that will need to be dealt with also.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 2:59am
Originally posted by TWN TWN wrote:

It's kind of a shame to see a tire with that much tread still left that never got used.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
TWN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2020 at 1:19pm
The tires are pretty much all in the same condition. I would guess that they haven't done much rolling in the last 40+ years...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12