Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identifying frame attachment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identifying frame attachment
    Posted: 14 June 2019 at 5:02pm
I'm cleaning up my frame and came across the remnants of something. It's bolted to the right side of the frame rail rearward of the trans crossmember. Was sheetmetal that tore off. Too far back to be for the fenders. Can't locate it on any of the diagrams but looks factory. Can anyone identify? Thanks 

JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 6:15pm
That's the remains of where the bottom support bracket of the optional side steps attached to the frame. The other step brackets attached to the floor pan and the side of the tub.

Mike

Edited by JeepSaffer - 14 June 2019 at 6:17pm
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
markcl52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 6:49pm
yep. Just realized it when I saw the other thread. Now I know the origin of this and the three other holes in my tub. Thank you. 
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 7:11pm
Mark,
Do you have the same on the drivers' side?  If so, can you post an image from inside to show the driver side bolts as they come through the frame?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Andy Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2019 at 10:55pm
My frame had that same thing on it. never thought to ask what it might be, but glad it’s not important as it went in the trash when I cleaned the frame
markcl52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 12:50am
Rus,

On the drivers side, only the holes remain. The hardware was not present when I acquired it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply