Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So what's the latest thing you can't find.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So what's the latest thing you can't find.
    Posted: 16 June 2019 at 3:44am
So I removed the gas tank neck grommet to do the second paint job on Chug and now that I have that done and the left side buffed. I went to put it back. And no where to be found is that dang grommet.
So what is your latest "Where the hell is it" thing.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 7:00am
Manual windshield wiper handle.  Thought it bounced out the floor drain hole.  Turned out I had put it away with screwdivers in the tool box.  Darn near drove me nuts.  
Now if I could find the key to the tractor....
Andy Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 2:32pm
1/2” socket adapter for my small DeWalt impact driver. I use it near constantly and it generally just stays in the impact but it went missing last week after years of managing not to lose it. I’m sure it will turn up after I buy a new one.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 2:36pm
My Donaldson breather decal.  Ordered a replacement after spending 2 weeks looking for it.  Later that week I was looking for another part and found the missing decal.

Throttle bellcrank.  Had to get Harry Sheets to bring one to the last Reunion I attended.  The original is still missing....
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 3:56pm
My mind,  but I lost that a long time ago...LOL
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 7:09pm
Yeah we have the same problem with the jet engines up at work!! Now where did we put that part!?

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Bill2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 8:45am
Time.
1946 CJ2A 14098
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:43am
2 bright yellow metal wheel chocks and the nozzle to my wife's small shop vac!
Rick Estes
SpringerKing View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 1:02pm
 1/2" Socket, every time.  I swear it goes on vacation for weeks at a time. 
Andy Meyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Meyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 3:09pm
I started making shop vac attachments after losing all the good ones. Thin PVC pipe ($3 for 20’) and a heat gun you can make any shape/length you want. I’ve made a variety of long extensions to clean cobwebs out of my rafters and narrow attachments to get under seats and between the consoles of the daily drivers. My favorite is a “claw” like the type that they have at car washes, it gets lots of use!

Edit: this was supposed to be a reply to eestes1, don’t know what happened but I got a weird error message
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by SpringerKing SpringerKing wrote:

1/2" Socket, every time.  I swear it goes on vacation for weeks at a time. 

For me it was a 10mm socket. It often went on vacation for a week or so, very frustrating. To fix this issue, I went to the local pawn shop & bought myself 15 good used ones. I now always have a 10mm socket. Problem solved.
blademaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blademaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 12:00am
Ive been known to paint my tape measure fluorescent orange...still misplaced it

Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2019 at 1:21pm
My sledgehammer.   Now how do you lose a sledgehammer? ?
 Post Reply Post Reply